• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My computer continues to crash...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kbman99

So recently I have been having problems where my computer keeps crashing... I never really know how to fix this, but I've tried running the fans at a higher speed to keep my computer cooler and other stuff, but it still happens. So I don't know how to fix that. I am also having problems with my ASUS monitor where it randomly loses connection to the computer and says "HDMI NO SIGNAL". I read up on some other forums and they said it was just a problem with some ASUS monitors and I would probably have to get a new one, but I am skeptical because it will sometimes work on boot up and then when it reaches the log in screen it stops working. My build is in the description so if you need to know what I have there it is. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks :)

The crashing could be from a bad driver. Witch in case could also be the reason that you monitor stop and pops up HDMI not working.. The new nvidia drivers has some bugs, It was doing the same thing with mine. especially when i tried to OC the video card any(with new drivers)

I just installed the new drivers earlier today and I don't know if its still happening, but I'll let you know. Also I don't know where to find my Windows updates. There are gona be alot because its been bugged to where it doesn't install update on shut down so I don't know where to go to find those...

have you tried running everything back at stock if you are overclocked and testing your ram with memtest? do you still crash running safe mode?

I cannot see your build as it does not show on the mobile site but with multiple errors like these I would do a wipe and start over using all the newest drivers. Also I would reseat all cards and sticks and check cables prior to reload.

I mean, I would reformat everything, but I have some programs I can't get back... I mean, I guess there isn't much I need in there and this time I could do it right... Not that I didn't before, but I did it to sloppy and didn't bother to move my majorly used programs to a seperate HDD as my other Documents. So this time I can do it right. Ill have to think about it though and save the files I want on a Flash Drive.

I partition my drive.. that way i could use my main just for my OS,updates and what not.. ANd the 2nd part is for my MAIN programs that i didnt want to lose :D

Back