• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My dad's Epox 8RGA died.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CircuitBreaker8

Disabled
WTF? They cant make motherboards that last anymore? All he does is surf the web and watch his stocks, and the thing gets corrupted video and goes blank. Wont even boot anymore. I tried clearing the CMOS and re-seating the cpu, nothing worked.:mad: Did I miss something?

I've been hearing about capacitors leaking on the 8RDA's, and since the 8RGA's are almost the same thing (basically integrated video), I'd bet that they probably have the same issue. You should be able to RMA it to Epox and get them to fix it. I think you might have to register the board first tho.

My 8RDA had slightly leaking caps towards the end of its life, then one day somehow the board used so many 5v amps that hte ATX connector melted and the 2 were fused, I dont know if it was related to the caps. After the board melt, the board still booted but wasn't more than 15 mins stable. I hated the hell out of that board since it had a High voltage shut off, that means that you couldn't go over 2.050v in the bios (it went to 2.200v I belive) without the board randomly turning off in 3-25 mins. My nf7s doesn't have that problem.

Back