• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Dream Plan.. Whatta Ya think? Xeon Combo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think the pic i posted was messed.. The locations alpha number was opposite.. Cause I saw it posted on another site.. backwords.. I did it like jen piced... And now I am at 1.556v ...

On this clock gen program do the settings stay permanet?? or do I have to set them every time I boot up?

dustybyrd said:
cpu-z does not report the correct voltages....what is your cpu voltage in the bios?
Why do you say that? CPU-Z, MBM, and the BIOS all report the same value in my system. CPU-Z shows my Vcore at 1.578V right now.

jozwikjp said:
I think the pic i posted was messed.. The locations alpha number was opposite.. Cause I saw it posted on another site.. backwords.. I did it like jen piced... And now I am at 1.556v ...

On this clock gen program do the settings stay permanet?? or do I have to set them every time I boot up?
Normally, they are only in effect for the single Windows session. You can set up a file that ClockGen will read at Windows startup though.

DaveB said:
Why do you say that? CPU-Z, MBM, and the BIOS all report the same value in my system. CPU-Z shows my Vcore at 1.578V right now.

i assumed he has the ncch-dl...i'd better double check that...

EDIT---just checked, and he did get the pc-dl, which means the cpuz reported cpu voltage should be correct...

with the ncch-dl, the cpu-z program reports the incorrect voltage for me, and for many others at 2cpu.com...right now cpuz is reporting no voltage at all for my xeons that are at 1.57v in the bios

for the pc-dl, it's my understanding that cpu-z does report the correct voltage

Cool running steady at 2.814 after 2 new fans for the motherboard vrm and northbridge.. running at 37C CPU.. and 41 for the motherboard.. But system is still pretty quite :) here is pics .. But keep in mind you can't see the pretty 4 black lights installed giving a nice effect ..

DSC03690.jpg

DSC03691.jpg

DSC03692.jpg

I haven't actually tried yet.. Any suggestions on clock speeds?? 15x211 or 14x221 I will play around with it some more tonight after work :) I have to still do some more uv reflective zip tie action but.. It is really turning out to be quite a sexy little system.. I did video rendering all last night and some sandra test with really good stability..................... Ok I just tried 15x200 seems to be working fine. My ram is at 2-2-2-5

Last edited:
Nice box :) And it looks like it has more speed hidden away for ya..

Do you guys know any good video rendering program that take use of the SMP my pinnacle studio 9 only uses like 30% of the cpu and my dvd santa uses about 90 percent of one cpu.. I am looking for something that converts xvid or divx to dvd..

Looks like you I can just have 2 copies of my encoding software open on different cpus.. That get its up to 80 to 90% usage . :)
It's amazing to be able to encode 2 different movies and burn a dvd in the background will I am downloading 600kbps from the newsgroups. :)

Thanks For All You Help Guys!! I really appreciate it.
Joe

Back