• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Dually just celebrated its 6th birthday last month

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Allright, Waterrendering is something GPU intensive, which is why you see your results as you do.

I think another major bottleneck is your system bus, but in all, I would congratulate you on a nice build thats lasted some good time ;).

However, if you really want some insane FPS, spending 150-200 dollars on a new 754 setup, and adding in some decent RAM would have given you a boost far above buying a X800Pro for that poor dually.

Though, once you go two, you never go back :) I will never go with a single processor again for normal computing.

Heh, as long as I can play my games at over 25 FPS, I'm happy. I was actually quite happy with the old 9800XT, but then it crapped out on me. At first I was hesitant about getting the X800 (because of the reports of CPU bottlenecking), but seeing as my only other options were to get 1) another 9800Pro/XT ($150) or 2) a 6600GT AGP ($230), which does not support after-market cooling due to the gpu's weird placement, I decided what the hell and just got the X800Pro for 290 bucks (I recycled the old VGA silencer from the 9800).

And I must say, I was pleasantly impressed. Not only does it run noticeably faster for new games, but it runs much cooler as well.

if he is happy with its performance, then he DONT NEED faster cpu now.
when he will not be happy with performance, he will change the pc...

Back