• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first big CPU cooler need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firas

Good day

I am new here and it looks Like i am Loving it :) already :D

I came here to understand how to Overclock my AMD Phenom ii x4 960t black edition, and so far 2 members have been so nice to me and strait Forward in there instructions , I am thankful for that

So i did get my cpu up to 4.0gh but this is with no testing you can find my thread here http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730576 in the thread you can also see pictures of my ram ,, thats why i come here :)

i would Like to but a decent cpu cooler but the problem is i have tail memory sticks the Vengeance :(

What Would be your recommendations please ??

i have been looking at the V8 cool master because this guy at youtube has the same size memory sticks look here

Thank you

Firas

I dont want to spend that Much :)

But Please tell me whats on your Mind

thank you

Water cooling is pretty efficient and offers good bang for the buck. Other products have fluid cooling for all the good reasons, such as automobiles and buildings. In a PC you can approach ambient (room) tempuratures more closely with water cooling than with air due to this efficiency. Anyone who's seen my posts will tell you that I'm a sucker for the All In One (AIO) units. There are several makes/models available at a reasonalble price; the latest from Swiftech, a water cooling company, is expandable so that you can cool your CPU and GPU or other components as well. If you want even better cooling you can build a custom loop that can cool virtually every component. At that point it gets pricey and you'll need a custom, or at least very large, case. You can spend anywhere from $60 to $140 on an AIO, from $250 to $1000 or more on a custom loop.

All this depends on your ambitions. Do you overclock? Want to? Do you have the budget and enthusiasm? :D

Firas, how high are you looking to push? You can get an Coolermaster EVO and either put the fan on the side closest to the back of the case and use it in pull configuration or just slide the fan up a few mm and it will clear the Vengeance sticks. I used one on mine with the same sticks. Problem is it may not fit in your case if it's not at least 7.5 " wide.

Thank you for the reply

Answer 1 i dont want to spend more then $60 MAX 80$

2 i would Like it to be stable at 4.0 witch i know this CPU can Handel it

2 what is the difference between Coolermaster EVO and Coolermaster Plus ??
i did measure my case and i have 18 cm from mother board and up and 28cm width easy and i can close the case
thank you

I believe the only real difference is the fan. The EVO's fan is a little more powerful, in tests I have seen the EVO performing a little better but that also may be just because of the fan. For the money you really can beat it, I do have another one that is better but they are hard to find. I was able to get a Prolimatech Megahalems used on Ebay for $20.00 and it is hands down the best Air cooler I own. It didn't come with mounting hardware or fans so you would also have to get that. It dropped my temps 10c across the board compared to the CM 212+ using the same fan.

There are lots of possibilities but it's hard to suggest coolers without knowing what your case is.

In Germany it is probably better to look at something like a Thermalright True Spirit 120M than any of the 212 coolers. You get better quality for same or cheaper price. The 120M has offset base so fan clears the RAM and guessing to be about € 27.00. I do not know how competitive pc-cooling is. Others may be cheaper so shop around.
http://www.pc-cooling.de/CPU+Cooler...700559/Thermalright+True+Spirit+120+M+BW.html

Edit: AIO / CLC water cooling is not as good a value as air. More complicated system, noisier, more expensive for same cooling ability, and more breakdown problems, mainly the pumps, and if anything connected to the water fails you have to replace system. Air is simple, cheap and quiet. Only thing potential problem is a fan going out.. and that's easy to replace.

Back