• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my first cascade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bazx

Well I have taken the plunge and started my first cascade after building 4x single stage units now I thought it was about time and as it’s my first it will be as simple as possible

I won’t be going after uber temps with this one but you never no :)

I have pulled together some old parts I had lol what’s left of my first vapo
And some new stuff that I will be able to use again for the next project

Here are the parts so far:

High stage:

Danfoss NL11f(SC18 if the NL dont cut it) 402a, hx 12 feet of 1/2 copper with a 1/4 pipe in it (that’s the large coil), 1/4 copper pipe for most of runs on this stage, filter dryer with read point, cap tube (still to work out), sight glass, vapo condenser with pre cooling coil

Low side:

Danfoss NL11f co2/402a
Danfoss oil separator or I might have ago at a home made one
Hand valve oil return
High pressure cut off valve
Control unit something along the lines of this unit EWPC-901 I may have something else coming, cap tube length undecided as yet

My choices of gases is based on the fact that I already have the 402a and I can get the co2 cheap. r23 will be In the next one

Mocked up the high side today just need to fill the compressor with oil attach the cap tube and braze it up

Some picks

1.jpg

Last edited:
I was waiting to see if you had more pictures to post :D

Your pipe bending skills are killer, did you make that heat exchanger?

Nice

OK admit it...it's really a still right?
Seriously that looks like some serious cooling potential, I will be watching this one.
BTW Nice camera :)

greenmaji said:

yes its not to hard to make

put the pipes inside each other and bend around a propane bottle

this unit is more of a learning curve for me so i dont see it lasting to long
once i have gained some knowlage the comp will get big and the gas will change :santa:

@ sucka good to see you around again

Very exciting! Looks beautiful as its taking shape already, your skills are top-notch. :thup:

I should already know this, but what are the specs on the NL11F? 1/2hp?

Wheres the suction line accumulater? you may want to think about that if your first stage is fed via a cap tube and not a TXV so you don't end up slugging your compressor ;)

Aside from that every thing is looking good so far.

XeonStrikeForce said:
Wheres the suction line accumulater? you may want to think about that if your first stage is fed via a cap tube and not a TXV so you don't end up slugging your compressor ;)

Aside from that every thing is looking good so far.

you no this is the first unit i have not put one in lol most all the ss being built
over @ xs have done away with them but i still think its a good idear to have one mybe in the next set of mods i will:)

Gautam said:
Very exciting! Looks beautiful as its taking shape already, your skills are top-notch. :thup:

I should already know this, but what are the specs on the NL11F? 1/2hp?

na the NL11F is only a 1/3 it should be around 3/4 going by others i have seen
and will most likely end up as a sc21 big sob but for this first experiment i will give it a try as i have one

predator500 said:
Is the condensor going to be big enough it look to be small for a cscade.

i have a bigger one here but thought i would try this one as i have it

and as greenmaji says the pre coil will take out alot of heat so we will see on that one

greenmaji said:

thanks dude you will see me make mistakes with this unit as its the first try
so if you see anything i am missing tell me please

proth said:
Another work of art coming up !!
popcorn.gif

Glad to see you have the new shop up and running.

i no where you are getting that popcorn from:)

Last edited:
Back