• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my first cascade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats a realy clean job, realy nice work, your pipework is exceptional :)

I think that just a section of pipe lower than the suction work work fine as an accumulator, also I agree with the insulation, i wouldnt be supprised if you were putting an extra 100W into that heat exchanger.

What capillary tube are you using now? 5.5' of 0.031" is too short in my opinion, with 402 that must work out to be in the region of 350W..?

But your doing a great job, im sure you'll see -100C soon!

Tom

LD i have made quite a few changes

high side: bigger condencer, sub cooling coil, sc21 compressor and 2x cap tube
to the hx

low side: move the small condencer to the out put of the oil seperator for sub cooling before entering the hx this has helped allot

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Last edited:
i dont have a load tester so i used a electric paint stripper to heat the evap

and this time the hx held up

i am going to insulate and try this version on my rig before i move on to sc18 on the low side and r23

soddemfx said:
Thats a realy clean job, realy nice work, your pipework is exceptional :)

I think that just a section of pipe lower than the suction work work fine as an accumulator, also I agree with the insulation, i wouldnt be supprised if you were putting an extra 100W into that heat exchanger.

What capillary tube are you using now? 5.5' of 0.031" is too short in my opinion, with 402 that must work out to be in the region of 350W..?

But your doing a great job, im sure you'll see -100C soon!

Tom

Hi tom I upped the .031 cap tube to 2m then worked back found 1.8 worked best

But as this is an experiment I added another cap of the same length to the middle of the hx this seems to work quite well

i am going to insulate some now

Very wild design you have there.. Im thinking that your main condesor didnt have enough rows IE btu capasity for the load of your compressors + lineloss + desired load, adding the smaller condensor could have helped with that.
And insulating will help that lineloss alot.

Im currious as to what your results will be :sn:
Great improvising/experimenting on your part :D

Great stuff dude,

With the system running, do you see much oil passing through the sight glass when you open up the hand valve?

If you have a high current 12V supply i can lend you my 1-Ohm resistive load simulator as i wont be using it for a few weeks, drop me a PM at XS if so :)

Tom

Back