• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first DIY setup - temp questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Polonator said:
http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=15810

The silentpcreview people have a different opinion. Check out the third post.

I agree they can have an effect however he shows no pics with what he said causes that drop. Without pics its hard to know what he meant. Eitherway its probably not caused by that as his gpu temps are again fine...

SewerBeing said:
Again if that were his problem both of his temps would be bad however this is a cpu mounting issue if you look closely at the temps on the cpu.

yes i understand that it wont solve the high tempatures when the cpu is underload, but you cannot deny that it wont have and overall effect on the peformance of his system(maybe only a degree or two C but still worth it for the small time and effort required...), and while he is draining it it mine as well be down now...

Well, I took of the block and the AS5 paste was on perfectly as far as I could see.

I took off the front retention bracket to elimenate the bracket getting in the way, and also put some washers between the spring and swiftech hold-down plate to elimenate the longer threaded backplate.

I know flowrate is fine because of the time it took to bleed the loop....and because of the good performance of the GPU block.

For myself it's down to two things.
1/ bad contact between heat spreader and core
2/ faulty readings via motherboard (or faulty sensor in core?)

I also have a thread going on AMD support forum and they say the cpu would shut down at 60-70c, thus the temps are not being read correctly.

I might start a thread at the Abit forums and see if there are any issues with this board and temp readings.

For now I'm just going to assume the temps are reading too high and leave it at that for now.
I'll be switching over to socket 939 next month anyway, and when I switch the loop over to that system will then know for sure that it was misread temps.

At some stage over the weekend I'll reverse a fan to blow down into the RAD, and see if there is any difference, doubt it though.

Anyone got any pointers for 3 pin fans dont whine at 60-80 cfm?

I've seen these, which sound too good to be true? 80cfm at 30Db ?
http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_2541.html

Back