• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first WC computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
clocker2 said:
SureFoot,
Using the setup that you propose ("fan-pulling-in-case") and granting that there will be a noticable drop in CPU temp...
Aren't the benefits gained offset by the effect of the now heated air on the rest of the system components.
After all, everything else in the case has now also been raised in temp, no?
Including the pump, the tubing, the waterblock, etc., not to mention the HDDs and optical drives.
Is this not a case of robbing Peter to pay Paul?
No.
First you have to make sure that the air is going OUT of the case somehow, so it helps with air circulation. Next i said that air exiting the rad is quite cold, colder than regular inside case temps. If the air exiting the rad is TOO hot you can always duct it to a side panel or anywhere else. But experience tend to prove otherwise : i went that way too (my first setup was air pulled outside from inside). The air exiting the rad is NOT hitting at 100% every component you mentioned. It only helps creating a small 'draft' that will prevent 'hot air pockets'. In my setup (try to visualize a YY cube with a heater core above the PSU) the fan is blowing on the opticals / HDDs. HDD temps dropped by 10°C that way (they're in aluminium enclosures) and opticals are cooler (to the touch..). Note that i have a YY cube so my mobo is in a totally fanless zone, i use only convection.

Thanks for all of your suggestions....I'll try to jam a push pull configuration into my case but it will be tight.

I added this 80mm fan (see pic) it blows air over my video card and cools the northbridge and nearby ram.....my MB temp went down significantly (5-10c) as a result and now the ram on my video card is much cooler.

Attachments

• sidefan1.JPG
    sidefan1.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 99
  • sidefan2.JPG
    sidefan2.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 94
K4mui said:
Well, if you don't mind, i'll post a picture and some links too

Ok, nearly everything is bought- stuff, but i still like it.
640_wakue_hauptkuehler.jpg

And as i promised, some attatchments:

Is that all Innovatek equipment? I love the way those hoses conecct they look great. What are you using as a water solution?

Back