• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My friend is trying to delete the Windows.old folder from 7 to 10 upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

He is apparently low on HDD space and wants to delete this folder to free up some gigs. Told him it's impossible but he INSISTS I ask. So, how do you get TrustedInstaller to let you delete Windows.old in Windows 10? The folder is the Windows 7 info left over from the upgrade.

He is apparently low on HDD space and wants to delete this folder to free up some gigs. Told him it's impossible but he INSISTS I ask. So, how do you get TrustedInstaller to let you delete Windows.old in Windows 10? The folder is the Windows 7 info left over from the upgrade.
It is not impossible. If third party sites ever go down, we can tell you how to do it right here on overclockers forums:

To free up a considerable amount of disk space by removing Windows.old folder: type this in the search box:
clean

Click on Free up disk space by deleting unnecessary files > Select the system drive > OK >
Click on Clean up system files button > Select the system drive > OK >
CHECK: Previous Windows installation(s) and scroll down and CHECK: Temporary Windows installation files > OK > Delete Files

Back