• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My friend needs a new PC, this is what I came up with, any thoughts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZqsZD3

$300 budget. I know it's probably not the best but the only thing he can carry over is a 250GB 5400RPM drive, so there wasn't much room. Only the tower was needed apparently. So, what could I try and change maybe without going over? He said he can't go a single penny over budget. If anyone has some tips please share them below

True, but there was no mention of needing an OS.
Matters little anyways. OS's are easy to come by. Arrrrrg ;)

Just thinking that Windows runs basically $100 for a copy.
Until Windows 10 comes out, that is.

Just a question, couldn't he take the SSD and the old HDD to a PC shop and have them ghost the HDD over to the SSD to get around reinstalling windows?

Just a question, couldn't he take the SSD and the old HDD to a PC shop and have them ghost the HDD over to the SSD to get around reinstalling windows?
You can do that yourself. No need to take it anywhere. Problem is, unless the motherboard is the same chipset, Windows is likely to need re-activation. It may need it anyway.

You can do that yourself. No need to take it anywhere. Problem is, unless the motherboard is the same chipset, Windows is likely to need re-activation. It may need it anyway.

Can he use the same key he activated it with last time?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8gL2nQ what about this? for some reason he wanted a G7 730 GPU. With the extra cash I bumped the CPU up to the anniversary Pentium. 250GB HDD is being carried over, he has secured a Windows CD from a friend

Last edited:
Basic internet browsing, Minecraft, Gary's Mod, Team Fortress 2, and then recording Minecraft videos and maybe editing them. I don't know how heavily he plans on editing the videos, or if he really does plan on editing

Last edited:
Back