• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Friend's VAIO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bassestkkm

Registered
My buddy wiped his HDD and is trying to do a clean install of windows 7. Every time it gets to the install part it will not let me create a new partition to install the OS onto. Help???:bang head

So, what do you see, exactly? We can't really guess the answer. :-/

Most OEM restore disks/partitions don't give an option to partition the disk, it just uses the whole thing.

EDIT: I see you just posted the error, minute.

From doing a quick search online, this could be a faulty connection to the hard drive or a dying disk. Is there a disk check in the BIOS you can run?

I know what the issue is, now. :)

The error you are getting basically states that it can't format the hard drive, which is usually a bad connection or a bad disk.

I would do disk tests on the hard drive before declaring it dead or replacing.

His laptop is barely used is it really a dead HD?
Without having it in front of me to test, I can't give you an answer. As I mentioned, I would do tests on the drive if this is out of warranty. If he just got this or it is in warranty, it is Sony's problem. Send it to them.

Back