• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Full System Specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pinky

I stopped listing my system specs in my sig (to conserve space), so seeing how this is a hardware site I figure I would share my rig with all of you. It's certainly evolved over time, so many don't have a clue if I even own a PC besides the occassional post that mentions something I own... yeah, it's a little self important to think anyone cares... but I'm smart, and good looking... and gosh darn it, people like me! :p

I do need to say that if you're considering building your own mid-range computing system, this may be the way to go. My experience and involvement on these forums has afforded me the opportunity to get the best priced products with the best possible performance. No overkill/crap here, just what I need to play games and produce music without concerns about anything system related going wrong. This is my ideal price/performance system at this moment. Not one single item have I had to compromise.
  • Lian Li PC60 Case
  • Antec Smart Power 400W Power Supply
  • Epox 8k3a Motherboard
  • 512MB PC2700 Samsung RAM (at 166/333mhz fsb at 'fastest' settings and 2.8vdimm)
  • AMD 2400+ CPU (L3 modded for 12x166mhz, dropped voltage to 1.60v from 1.65v default)
  • Volcano 7+ Heatsink w/ adjustable fan
  • Visiontek GF4 Ti4600 with Video in/out (default speeds 300/650mhz)
  • Turtle Beach 5.1 Santa Cruz Sound Card
  • Toshiba 16X DVD ROM Drive
  • Lite-On 48x10x48 CDRW Drive
  • Intel Pro Management Adapter Networking Card
  • Linksys Router (acts as firewall for cable modem connection)
  • Canon S400 Color Inkjet Printer
  • NEC 15" LCD Flat Panel Monitor (painted grey to match case)
  • Logitech Wireless Freedom Keyboard/Mouse combo

Last edited:
well pinky i new you was hiding all the good stuff as to not make some people jelous :D
looks like a great system,especially that ti4600.i really need to break down and buy a real graphics card this month.

i will say man mine will break down constantly.not becouse it has crappy parts but their owner is obsessed with the last mhz.its stable i promise,but it has so many parts switched out and messed with im in constant fear of it not being up and running.

i have to keep backup parts enough basically to make 2 pc's.
i respect a person who gets tired of having these types of issues and clocks down for reliability and noise issues.

but man does my rig scream!
and you are correct a great part should be priced right and work better than most.
btw i listened to your music you posted the other day and it was great.better some crap famous people put out too!

well lets not hijack pinkys thread he might hit me.

anyhow im useing a ati radeon 7000 pci 32mb ddr
as my gf4mx440 that has all the records for the 3dmark team here died.

im buying something 4200 or better next week.

i wish i had 3.2-3.3 vdimm myself. 2.9 does get me 225 fsb 2.0-2-2-5 but who know i may need 240 :D

I meant really, "How come you have Samsung PC2700 and need to run more than default voltage at default speed even though the timings are agressive"

I know 2.8 isn't that high, but it's high when Samsung PC2700 should do what that's doing at 2.5.

It's DTL memory, doesn't run aggressive timings at 2.5v

It's crap luck, most Samsung does a bit better.

I have 3 case fans, an 80mm Antec Smartfan for my exhaust and (2) Generic 80mm fans that came with the Lian Li with adjustable speed.

Back