• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my i7 temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

burn1021

ok so im new here but according to intel i shouldnt worry about my "core temps" or "tj" temps only the "tcase" or "overall cpu temp" so i guess what im asking is if thats true or not? im aware that intels thermal tolerance for "tcase" is 67.9 celsius and "tj" max is 100 so far under full load i.e p95 8 threads my "cores" hit about 68-69 degrees on hot day and my "cpu" only hits about 50 degrees is that normal? mind you the cpu is stock not overclocked and on a cooler master hyper n520 aftermarket cpy cooler.

You need to worry about CORE temps only. Keep them at no more than 85c (if you are using a 100c TJMax) to be safe. Some people have reported throttling at 80c, some at 85c, some at 90c. It seems to be motherboard dependent. I havent throttled above 90c on my Intel DX58SO.

Back