• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My LN expiriment. HIGHEST AMD EVER BENCHED BY 3DMARKS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haha. My friend and i had a lot of fun with the left over LN. U'd be suprised how many pieces a banana smashes into. It looks as if thursday is the date now. It all depends on if bry finished my LN gpu Block

how long can these systems run on ln2 doesn't it all evaporate really quick???

Not really. If he got 10 liters ("Not really in 3 hours i didn't even use all 10 litres ") and its $5 a gallon 10 x .26 = 2.6 gallons. So around $14.

Go for it, It's pretty fun. Search on google for liquid nitrogen and find the 1001 things to do with liquid nitrogen. Its great fun. Just be careful this stuff is dangerous

you should freeze a can of shaving cream and peel off all the tin, and stick it in an evil teachers car:D

JFettig said:
you should freeze a can of shaving cream and peel off all the tin, and stick it in an evil teachers car:D
I don't get it, what woud that do?

I would urge you to be carefull if you are putting ln2 on the radeon. Some guys allready tried it, and found they got better results with dry ice. Somehow it did'nt like the extremely low temperatures. I don't know if that changed with newer revisions, as that was one of the first ones out.

JFettig said:

That my friend is one of the greatest pranks in the world. 2 cans will COMPLETLY FILL a car!! I mean coming out the windows, all up in the defogger, glove box. You can also use them like grenades, throw open a friend's door, and lob a few in, espically when it's cold out, their heat will be on and POOF. I've done this a couple of times using just a plain freezer, and it was touchy getting the can off. The LN would be perfect.

another involving shaving cream: score the seam of the can with a knife, and when it hits the ground, POW, cream everywhere!

OC-Master said:

Blkout,

Your Sig is way oversized and you must reduce it before it comes into the hands of mod. Please make life easier for our forum moderators and do your part, reduce amounts of lines in your sig to 8 or use a smaller font.

To that other argument.
Clock for clock, the AthlonXP is much faster than the Pentium4. It also seems at the moment that the GeForceFX seems to be doing better on the Pentium4 over the AthlonXP because of the huge amounts of Bandwidth the P4 has. Both processors have there ups and downs but at the moment, the AthlonXP seems to have hit a ceiling at around 2.50GHz hence it cant seem to get to much more performance out of the CPU because of the limited bandwidth.

If AMD moves to a 400MHz FSB untill hammer arrives then it may have room to head a little further along and keep the compitition strong.

OC-Master

I'm not arguing that the XP is more powerful clock for clock, that was never a debate, I even mentioned before that an Apple G4 was more powerful than either AMD or Intel clock for clock but it doesn't have the clock speed to compete. The bus speed is not what's holding AMD back, its the clock speed. If they would just match Intel's clock speed, they would be dominate, but then again if AMD could do it, they would have done it already. Quite simply, when the original Athlon came out, AMD has held the advantage up until the Northwood P4's came out, since then, they have been struggling just to keep up much less get the lead back.

But if they increased the bus speeds you would increase the memory bandwith, resulting in an increase in performance overall. Look at the difference between nforce2 boards & 845PE boards running ram at 200mhz, mem transfer rates are alot higher on the Intel boards

Banshee164 said:
But if they increased the bus speeds you would increase the memory bandwith, resulting in an increase in performance overall. Look at the difference between nforce2 boards & 845PE boards running ram at 200mhz, mem transfer rates are alot higher on the Intel boards

No one is saying that some increased bandwidth won't help, but its not the miracle that's going to put AMD back in the lead. Its going to take higher clock speeds or a different architecture at this point to leap frog Intel again. The memory bandwidth from the FSB is not the only determining factor in CPU performance and actually a small part compared to the clock speed and the efficiency. If bus speed was everything, Intel would be slaughtering AMD.

A mess that's hard to clean up is pretty funny:D

I'm gonna have to disagree with dry ice over LN2 on the Radeon, after all the top user on 3dmark01/03 uses LN2(Holicho's site)

513MHz on the GPU:eek:

wow... ir eally like that shaving cream idea... really cool...

it would realy be sweet if you beat tghe top score that would be cool to have the person here... i think Silver did that a while ago and had the highest AMD one but im pretty sure hes not on top any more:D

Back