• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My LN expiriment. HIGHEST AMD EVER BENCHED BY 3DMARKS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
himura-dono said:

here i was thinking i spent hundreds of dollars to build the computers in my sig for everyday uses. *slaps forehead* i should've been spending it all for one time oc's, DAMN!:rolleyes:
I would like to point out that i use these SAME components everyday. Why u got to be discounting my OC. Its not exactly easy to do but u know what u'll be hard pressed to find that any of the top 3dmarks keep those settings all the time. I think we all oc more just to bench i just did it on a larger scale

himura-dono -

Dude your fiancee's got a dualy. . .that's hot! Does she understand it? I'm not talking about specifics like bandwidth, chipsets or nothing, just in general. Cuz if she did your so lucky

youtheman -

are you using the LN on the 9700? If so, HOW? Maybe some pics?

Blkout said:

Ahhh yes, if only you could read. I never said a P4 clock for clock was faster than an AMD, I said a comparably overclocked CPU which means a maxed out AMD against a maxed out P4. Clock for clock goes out the window when your talking about which one gets from point A to point B the fastest.

I could care less if a 4 cylinder Honda Civic makes more HP per cubic inch than a Corvette, the bottom line is that the Corvette wins in the 1/4. Same situation here.

And Apple CPU is faster clock for clock than AMD or Intel, but you don't see them burning up the 3DMARK numbers do you? Why? Because all that matters is what you end up with, regardless of how efficient a CPU is. Intel's do some things better than AMD's and vice versa.

Why should I go to the Intel section? I post in all sections, I own both CPU's, AMD and Intel, but that's beside the point, even if I didn't own but one or the other, I still have the freedom to post anywhere I want.

You just seem to have your blinders on and won't admit one CPU's advantages over another. I don't have that problem. I've run both AMD and Intel for years. The bottom line is that you wanted to come here and brag and hopefully develop a little following like a cult. I even said nice OC, but then you had to light the fire between AMD and Intel. Don't forget, you started it, not me. Would you like me to quote your post?

not exactly bro. sorry to change subjects but i know of plenty of civics that have beat covettes. anything's possible. just because a car or a processor comes with more doesn't mean it has the most potential. if AMD was a big enough company to make chipsets and motherboards for their processors i'm sure this conversation would be different.

I buy mine off http://www.maineoxy.com I live right near em so its easy to get. I think the going price is anywhere from 2-5 dollars a gallon with a dewer. I paid like 5 i think cause there is no competetion around here so maineoxy can charge whatever they want

emericanchaos said:

not exactly bro. sorry to change subjects but i know of plenty of civics that have beat covettes. anything's possible. just because a car or a processor comes with more doesn't mean it has the most potential. if AMD was a big enough company to make chipsets and motherboards for their processors i'm sure this conversation would be different.

Oh boy, lets not get into this discussion on this forum. I can assure you that I am a serious drag racer and I have seen it all. Yes anything is possible but lets talk about the norm and not the extreme. That's a whole other discussion in itself. Fact is, a Honda S2000 makes hella HP per cubic inch but in the end its still get its doors blown off by a LS1 Camaro, Firebird, or Corvette anyday of the week. Why? Raw cubic inches make up for efficiency. Much like the P4 vs. XP.

Blkout said:

Oh boy, lets not get into this discussion on this forum. I can assure you that I am a serious drag racer and I have seen it all. Yes anything is possible but lets talk about the norm and not the extreme. That's a whole other discussion in itself. Fact is, a Honda S2000 makes hella HP per cubic inch but in the end its still get its doors blown off by a LS1 Camaro, Firebird, or Corvette anyday of the week. Why? Raw cubic inches make up for efficiency. Much like the P4 vs. XP.

Blkout,

Your Sig is way oversized and you must reduce it before it comes into the hands of mod. Please make life easier for our forum moderators and do your part, reduce amounts of lines in your sig to 8 or use a smaller font.

To that other argument.
Clock for clock, the AthlonXP is much faster than the Pentium4. It also seems at the moment that the GeForceFX seems to be doing better on the Pentium4 over the AthlonXP because of the huge amounts of Bandwidth the P4 has. Both processors have there ups and downs but at the moment, the AthlonXP seems to have hit a ceiling at around 2.50GHz hence it cant seem to get to much more performance out of the CPU because of the limited bandwidth.

If AMD moves to a 400MHz FSB untill hammer arrives then it may have room to head a little further along and keep the compitition strong.

OC-Master

OC-Master said:

If AMD moves to a 400MHz FSB untill hammer arrives then it may have room to head a little further along and keep the compitition strong.

OC-Master

in order to do that thouggh Via needs to put out a board w/ a 1/6 divider or any company for that matter... as far as i know there arent any boards that are DEFINATLY going to do 200mhz...

CrashOveride said:

in order to do that thouggh Via needs to put out a board w/ a 1/6 divider or any company for that matter... as far as i know there arent any boards that are DEFINATLY going to do 200mhz...

ASUS's latest revision of A7N8X can do 400MHz FSB stock right out of the box. The deluxe version will also have Gigabit NIC capabilities, which was something previously not done before.

OC-Master

OC-Master said:

ASUS's latest revision of A7N8X can do 400MHz FSB stock right out of the box. The deluxe version will also have Gigabit NIC capabilities, which was something previously not done before.

OC-Master

sweet, i stand happily corrected... what is gigabit NIC capability? 1000mbs?!?

Back