• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My LN expiriment. HIGHEST AMD EVER BENCHED BY 3DMARKS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
youthemandan said:
Yea i think its around there i made a post over at the P4 forum and nobody has beat my arithmetic or multimedia scores yet. The closest one was a p4 @ 3.8 and that wasn't all that close

Nice OC, but before you start shooting off at the mouth about how no P4 will match the arithmetic or multimedia scores, let it be known that there is more than those two benches that contribute to 3DMARK scores. I know your happy and feel like bragging a bit but an OC'd AMD always outscores a comparable OC'd P4 in those Sandra benches yet they always fall behind a comparable OC'd P4 in 3DMARK2001.

Just something to think about.....;)

Blkout said:

Nice OC, but before you start shooting off at the mouth about how no P4 will match the arithmetic or multimedia scores, let it be known that there is more than those two benches that contribute to 3DMARK scores. I know your happy and feel like bragging a bit but an OC'd AMD always outscores a comparable OC'd P4 in those Sandra benches yet they always fall behind a comparable OC'd P4 in 3DMARK2001.

but its not the proc speed its the bus that the P4 has going for it on its mobo..
i think that your next attemt should include the highest FSB you can get... maybe you can make some copper connection to a ramsink on yoiur ram... that could help lolz

Blkout said:

What are u smoking??? Have u loloked at the 3DMARK hall of fame lately. Look the #2 fastest is an AMD only 1,000 3dmarks away and has a MASSIVE 1400 MHz (from a p4 3.06 at 4.4)difference in proc speed. So b4 u go shooting ur mouth off why don't u learn the facts.

youthemandan said:

What are u smoking??? Have u loloked at the 3DMARK hall of fame lately. Look the #2 fastest is an AMD only 1,000 3dmarks away and has a MASSIVE 1400 MHz (from a p4 3.06 at 4.4)difference in proc speed. So b4 u go shooting ur mouth off why don't u learn the facts.

LOL, I love it when someone makes a complete fool of themselves and don't even know it. Good job sport.;)

You want ME to do research? How about I do the research for YOU.

How many of the top 20 are using AMD CPU's?

Ok, I'll help you since your a little slow. 3 out of 20!!! And that's not a typo.

Do I need to give names also or would you like to do some research of your own before running off at the mouth? :p

youthemandan said:
I am sorry its just when someone post's pure BS i don't stand for that. Do some research next time Blkout

LOL, see above post. I won't rub it in your face though. :D

this is the AMD cpu section, if you wanna talk about intel cpu's go to that section. not many people here like amd vs. intel debates (or at least i dont), so please take it elsewhere.
thanks

ib69nu said:
this is the AMD cpu section, if you wanna talk about intel cpu's go to that section. not many people here like amd vs. intel debates (or at least i dont), so please take it elsewhere.
thanks

Its not a debate, do you see my sig? I run both. I think he turned it into a debate when he started spouting off about how no Intel could match his Sandra scores. I didn't see him mention the memory bandwidth tests on Sandra though, wonder why that is?

They both have their advantages and disadvantages, right now though, Intel is king without a budget and AMD is king with a budget.

I didn't start spouting off, it's not spouting off when its true. Now lets review what u said. U said a equally oc'ed p4 will beat a amd all the time, Oh but wait that is total BS. Don't come in here and spout off about how great Intel's are cause lets see ur in the AMD section and we damn well know that 2 ghz amd will beat a 2 ghz P4 hands down. Thats not dissing Intel either its just true because the athlons do more work per mhz. Ok there are only 3 amd's welll they'll be 4 soon enough. But i still don't see how this proves ur point of a equally oc'ed p4 beating a AMD ALL the time in 3dmarks. I know your new but man this is not a good way to make friends by saying things that have no merit whatsoever and trying to start a fight. If u wanna tear apart AMD then go to the INtel section and do it.
BTW i'd like to thank you for ruining my nice post. I was hoping we could avoid this Intel vs. AMD crap. U'll notice they were asking what the PR rating was and that based on the comparable P4 speed and so i gave an example. Just do yourself and me a favor and go back to the Intel section and have fun.

Last edited:
youthemandan said:
I didn't start spouting off, it's not spouting off when its true. Now lets review what u said. U said a equally oc'ed p4 will beat a amd all the time, Oh but wait that is total BS. Don't come in here and spout off about how great Intel's are cause lets see ur in the AMD section and we damn well know that 2 ghz amd will beat a 2 ghz P4 hands down. Thats not dissing Intel either its just true because the athlons do more work per mhz. Ok there are only 3 amd's welll they'll be 4 soon enough. But i still don't see how this proves ur point of a equally oc'ed p4 beating a AMD ALL the time in 3dmarks. I know your new but man this is not a good way to make friends by saying things that have no merit whatsoever and trying to start a fight. If u wanna tear apart AMD then go to the INtel section and do it.
BTW i'd like to thank you for ruining my nice post. I was hoping we could avoid this Intel vs. AMD crap. U'll notice they were asking what the PR rating was and that based on the comparable P4 speed and so i gave an example. Just do yourself and me a favor and go back to the Intel section and have fun.

Ahhh yes, if only you could read. I never said a P4 clock for clock was faster than an AMD, I said a comparably overclocked CPU which means a maxed out AMD against a maxed out P4. Clock for clock goes out the window when your talking about which one gets from point A to point B the fastest.

I could care less if a 4 cylinder Honda Civic makes more HP per cubic inch than a Corvette, the bottom line is that the Corvette wins in the 1/4. Same situation here.

And Apple CPU is faster clock for clock than AMD or Intel, but you don't see them burning up the 3DMARK numbers do you? Why? Because all that matters is what you end up with, regardless of how efficient a CPU is. Intel's do some things better than AMD's and vice versa.

Why should I go to the Intel section? I post in all sections, I own both CPU's, AMD and Intel, but that's beside the point, even if I didn't own but one or the other, I still have the freedom to post anywhere I want.

You just seem to have your blinders on and won't admit one CPU's advantages over another. I don't have that problem. I've run both AMD and Intel for years. The bottom line is that you wanted to come here and brag and hopefully develop a little following like a cult. I even said nice OC, but then you had to light the fire between AMD and Intel. Don't forget, you started it, not me. Would you like me to quote your post?

um... sorry to jack the thread but this is the only place i might be able to find PCtuner...:

<to PCtuner>
IMPORTANT-> TO PCTUNER YOU OTHERS CAN IGNORE THIS

pctuner@amd: please clean out your PM box so i can PM you about the ram w/ my address... the one i gave in a previous PM is just a lil wrong...

thnks:D
</to pctuner>

ok everyone go about yoru bizness...

props for attaining the oc, but...

LN oc's don't count for the sole reason that you can't continuosly run it. as soon as the LN goes byebye...so does the oc.

himura-dono said:
props for attaining the oc, but...

LN oc's don't count for the sole reason that you can't continuosly run it. as soon as the LN goes byebye...so does the oc.

Don't count for what? For what it's intended, or for what you intend with your own computer? :rolleyes:

dude you should seriosly think about getting prommy or making your own phase change, you might be able to keep it at 3 gigs or so, with such a nice chip it should be illegal to not!!

....holy *Edit*Do not bypass the language filters with cutesy spelling of filtered words.
LutaWicasa
Forums Moderator

*Edit*.
i got the money, i just need to decide on a project chip. and those 2700's look mighty impressive....
anyhow, good job dude.

dropadrop said:

Don't count for what? For what it's intended, or for what you intend with your own computer? :rolleyes:

here i was thinking i spent hundreds of dollars to build the computers in my sig for everyday uses. *slaps forehead* i should've been spending it all for one time oc's, DAMN!:rolleyes:

himura-dono said:

here i was thinking i spent hundreds of dollars to build the computers in my sig for everyday uses. *slaps forehead* i should've been spending it all for one time oc's, DAMN!:rolleyes:

Right, why would anyone want to do something diferant with theirs... ;)

Ok now lets get back on topic. Well i got my 9700 pro yesterday and well eventhough i am gonna keep the max oc'es of that underwraps i can tell u that i should have no problems attaining the first place title. This weekend and week i will get everything dialed right in and u watch that 3dmark hall of fame because u may see a new #1 on there

Back