• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My MS 3.0 mouse doesnt pick up on start up of Win

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Recursion

My system specs

P4 2.4C GHz (@ 3.3 GHZ)
Asus P4C800 E- DELUXE
OCZ Pc4200 cl 2.5 512MB
Stock Intel Heat Sink AS 5
Asus P4C800 E Deluxe
Antec True Power 480 watt
ATI Radeon 9600XT=@ 540/330
WD RAPTOR 2X36.6 (RAID-0)
WD 5400rpm 2x40gb (RAID 1)

I have a Microsoft Ms 3.0 mouse, Sometimes when i restart my computer it just does not work. The lights on the bottom of the mouse go on during the post but when It gets to windows it just does not work. It does sometimes(It is now) but when i restart it sometimes does not and needs a Hard boot to get it back sometimes 3 or 4 times. I don't like replugging it in and out of my usb ports because i don't want to mess anything up. I also tried my brothers Ms 3.0 and I had the same problem. I don't think it is the mouse

Thats happens to me sometimes but after a few seconds, windows will detect it. Try just letting it boot and sit there for about 2 minutes and see if it works. If you have to type a password in to load up windows then just log in even if the mouse isnt working. Wait a little bit for everything to load up and then see if it works.

You can also try using a different USB port.

not really, if its the usb port thats causing the problems then yes you can return it.

Try some of the suggestions i had and tell me what happens.

Back