• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming board has not impressed me.... did I do something wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Heyjoojoo

Registered
I do like how it has a dual bios feature in case I mess things up but I've heard over and over again that I can overclock this board by going into the bios and changing the 'Adjust CPU Ratio' but mine does not allow me. I click on it and there are no options to change.

I'm using a the i5 4690K processor.

Any ideas?
MSI_SnapShot.jpg
MSI_SnapShot_00.jpg

Last edited:
Can you post a screenshot up of that bios page. You can hit F12 and send it to a USB stick then post it here.

That board overclocks just fine though... we just need to teach you how to enable it. ;)

Try typing in a number or using +/- after clicking on it.

But the bios screenshots you posted show 1.12... were those not your bios screenshots?

Try typing in a number or using +/- after clicking on it.

But the bios screenshots you posted show 1.12... were those not your bios screenshots?

Lol. Yes, those are certainly mine. Maybe the Live Update 6 is not working properly? I've often been told to update the bios from a flash drive and not do it from within Windows. This could be why.

Indeed!!!!!!!!

Okay. It looks like v1.12 is the latest BIOS version for this board. I guess 1C is the same as 1.12. Strange that they would change the name that way.

So, I checked the CPU RATIO and it still has no effect when I click on it. In fact all of the options that are not in brackets cannot be changed or has no options when you click on them. All the other options in brackets seem to be changeable.

Last edited:
Use the keyboard to navigate down to it so it's highlighted and try hitting enter to select it, then use the +/- key or type in anumber.

We can help with a bit more information... what voltage is your vcore set at? Have you read any guides on how to overclock or are we just banging on buttons? :)

We can help with a bit more information... what voltage is your vcore set at? Have you read any guides on how to overclock or are we just banging on buttons? :)
Click on the link in EarthDogs signature "Haswell Overclocking Guide". Additionally, what are you cooling the chip with?

Not sure. I didn't change that. I only monkeyed with the CPU RATIO.

- - - Updated - - -

Click on the link in EarthDogs signature "Haswell Overclocking Guide". Additionally, what are you cooling the chip with?

I just printed it out. So I plan to read over it at lunch.

Yikes.. guide. Lol.

But really it's just setting cpu voltage manually and cpu ratio..stress test.. rinse and repeat.

Back