• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new build. Need input on a Mobo/Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jrank001

Folks:

Well as you can see from the components I have on my rig below on my signature it's time to upgrade. I recently just built a HTPC and it went very well so I wanted to continue and build a new desktop.

Here is what I purchased so far.

CPU:
Intel Core i5-4670 Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54670.

I will use my Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme on this new CPU

PSU:
CORSAIR CX series CX750 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

Memory:
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL

Video Card:
EVGA 02G-P4-3753-KR GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card

SSD:
Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Single Unit Version Internal Solid State Drive MZ-7TE250BW

Monitor:
I will use my HP LP3065C again.

Mobo:
What are some of your suggestions on this? I'm open to all ideas. Here is one that I've heard good things from.

ECS Z87H3-A4(1.0) LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

I want to keep a Z87 chipset.

Case:
I was planing on using my CoolerMaster Stacker 830 SE again to save cost. However I am thinking about this case.

Silverstone Tek GD08B Aluminum Extended ATX / SSI-EEB / SSI-CEB HTPC Computer Case Cases - Black

Reason is that I can put it on my desk rather then have it sitting on the floor like my stacker is now.

I will be running Windows 8.1 Pro on this unit.

When I built my rig below I took a very long time to choose a Mobo. I made the mistake in my opinion to buy an Abit board. I want to avoid that mistake again if I can. I want this build to last awhile before I upgrade again.

I will not be overclocking this unit. I just want quality components that are much faster then what I have now.

Thanks for all the help

I guess I really don't need. But it's more of a want.

Point is that the only thing the Z87 adds over H87 is the ability to OC.
Since you're not OCing, why pay the premium?

Edit: Look at the chart here and see what the lowest chipset that has the features you need is.

Back