• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Build, Tell me what you think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SP-JESTER

Registered
As it says in my sig
Case: CoolerMasters HAF 922M
haf-922.jpg
Mobo: ASRock N68-S
120124.jpg

CPU: AMD X4 9950 Phenom 2.6ghz Black Edition (Blue Orb 2 Cooler)
9950%20black.jpg

HD Space: 698GB Total (3 ~250gb WD Sata's, 2 Raided/Striped)
westerndigital-caviar-250-gb-internal-hard-drive-3.5-inch-7200-rpm-wd2500bb-l.jpg

RAM: Kingston 4GB PC2-5300 DDR2 Ram
directron_2061_940789596

Video: Evga Nvidia 9800GT 512mb
512P3N971TR.jpg

Power: 700 Watt Power Supply
PS-VTK-700W-24PIN-V2-bundle.jpg

PERSONAL PICS
computer1.jpg

computer2.jpg

Last edited:
Ok did you just buy the components or were they given to you, tell me a little about the background of this system, did you research and select the items you have shown, and what are you using it for????

Reason I asked those question is it depend on what you are using the computer for as to how people will reply, for very casual gaming and internet/school use it's OK, processor is alright but there are a lot of new phenom II's which clock alot higher, CASE is awesome I wish I had that, psu kinda scary because I have no idea who made it and how reliable it is, hard drive setup is good, but could use alot faster memory and video card, but If it was in the limits of your budget, its a decent start. No experience with that board either but If it does what you want then who am I to judge it.

OH and register your video card at evga.com if you have'nt already, you can upgrade video cards in the first 90 days after purchase to a higher model (they give you what you originally paid for video card as trade in credit and you pay the difference.

Last edited:
Motherboard and CPU was a bundle on ebay, i purchased all of it really from warehouses. and i asked dude he said they have tested and sold many of these motherboards and none have came back. And i use this rig for gaming and whatever else. heres the temps as of right now

temps.jpg

The only thing that I think you should have really bought better was the PSU because If it goes, so does your whole system. What I mean is alot of no-brand psu may say 700 watts may be in reality weaker than a 400 watt from Well known brands like Antec, Corsair, ETC. People unfortunately lie about things and If I had'nt believed all the HYPE and BS that people tell you I would have a lot better system than I do now.

Since I've never owned a first generation phenom I'll have to let someone else comment on that but If you end up having issues or want to overclock feel free to come by the AMD cpu section alot of people there are techs/engineers.....people who really know their stuff.

well i had a xion power supply for 2 years... i was nervous about it to but it did good so im going to try this brand and if it last i will let all of you know haha

I guess the first thing I'd want to know is "How much did you spend?" :)

That rig is fine for almost everything and it should have been very cost-effective, except maybe the case ...

without any hard drives n ram involved, i spent 400 or so. Motherboard and CPU bundle was 298, and case was 130. Power supply was 30 (purchased a little earlier)

not really that was with free shipping.. so really shipping was in the retail price, i didnt feel like waiting a week for my **** to come in.

Last edited:
its ok, thats all i was trying to make this computer to be till i can get a full time job next summer.. i just needed something to last a little bit. Its doing fine for what im using it for at the moment.

Why did you get 3 HDD and raid them? Why not a single fast WD black HDD?
Case: Awesome case! EAGLES SCREAM
Mobo: Ehh
Proc: Great Processor! BABIES SCREAM
HDD: Ehh
Ram: Slow ram? WHY?
Video card: Great vid card! PANDAS SCREAM
PSU: Ehh, wouldn't trust

i got 2 hard drives and raided them, 1 is by it self being primary for windows... and because these hard drives are like 2 years old.. dont feel like paying another 400 for a couple more. and slow ram, because same thing

i got 2 hard drives and raided them, 1 is by it self being primary for windows... and because these hard drives are like 2 years old.. dont feel like paying another 400 for a couple more. and slow ram, because same thing

Ah, ok makes more sense now. For in the deep future, when you get a new comp I would migrate the new parts into that case.

I really like the case! That will serve you well for sometime to come as you may want to upgrade. Forgive us if we come across as too negative. We are good at telling others how to spend their money when we aren't on their budget. Having said that I was wondering why you opted to go with a top down cooler instead of one of the more efficient tall tower coolers like the Sunbeam or the Xigmatek. They are actually cheaper.

Last edited:
it was one i already had and it kept my 4200+ stock on 6 degrees celcius each core... i thought id rather use it instead of the much smaller stock cpu cooler ha

Back