• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my new comp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thanatos_2005

my new comp [56K BEWARE]

So after months lurking and checking out prices, etc. and a good 2 and a half months on these forums, I've FINALLY got my new rig all set up, all i gotta do is wait a few days to finally pick it up.

now before we get to the specs, I just wanna say a HUGE thank you to all the guys on these forums who have helped my throughout my n00b experiances here and granted me more knowledge about computers (which, granted, still isn't much) than I'd ever had before. Thanks to all of you for making an entirely painless, fun and educational experiance. I'm just sad now that its over :cry:

So, without further ado, here's my specs:

Processors : Intel Pentium 4 2.80C GHz 512K 800FSB w/ Hyper-Threading
Heatsink:Thermalright SP-94
CPU Fan: Panaflow 92mm Ultra Quiet Fan High Flow
Thermal Compound : Arctic Silver Arctic Silver 5 High Density Silver Thermal Compound, 3.5g
Motherboards : Asus P4P800 E-Deluxe w/ DualDDR400, Audio, GigaBit LAN, SATA, AGP8X
Memory : Kingston 512MB PC3200 DDR CAS 3
Cases : Cooler Master Centurion 2 w/ Aluminum Front Bezel
Power Supplies : Antec TruePower 480W
Case Fans : 2 X Panaflo 80mm Ultra Quiet Fan, Medium Flow
Floppy Drive : Panasonic 1.44MB Floppy Drive, Black
Hard Drives 1 : Western Digital 80GB Caviar 7200rpm ATA100 8MB Cache
Optical Drives 1 : LiteOn 52x32x52x/16x CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive, Black (OEM)
Video Cards : Sapphire Radeon 9800Pro 128
Monitors : Samsung 997DF
Sound Cards : Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy ES 5.1 (OEM)
Speakers : Logitech X-220 2.1 Speaker System
Ethernet Cards : D-Link 2.4GHz wireless
Keyboard : Microsoft Optical Multimedia Desktop, Keyboard/Mouse Value Pak, Black (OEM)
Mouse : Included with Keyboard
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition oem

So, in closing, thanks again so very, very much to all of you. you've really made me appreciate the stuff you guys go through to help other n00bs like me with our simpleminded problems :rolleyes:

Last edited:
looks great. Good luck with your computer. And remember we were all noobs once, so ask as many question as you can.

hey man.. nice set up .. maybe i can see it one day lol.. i am finding a lan place someone in calgary.. cant find any tho. lol

nice sound too.. i think thats what my dads got... on high you can hear it from a block away playing tatu and techo

wizard james said:
on high you can hear it from a block away playing tatu and techo

heh, I'll be moving into dorm rooms so I don't think I can get away with that, but after a few years when I get an apartment I think I'll really start to appreciate the quality of those puppies :clap:

nice ..try moving somewere near the SE of calgary lol

well anyways u got some pictures yet? or is it even runing yet?

pics are on the way! a couple of days for the university to *test* my pc for viruses and set up my network account and then I'll have 'em up.

now that I have it, I'm a little suprised- for starters, cooler master are liars! take a look at the pictures of the centuruion 2, looks black, doesn't it? well guess what I found out today? it's not- infact, it is shiny silver aluminium! considering I spent extra on black cd and floppy drives, this is a major annoyance, but alas, there is nothing more I can do.

the second thing that was suprising(this time it was good, thank god) was that Memory Express, the guys that built my pc, installed the wrong power supply! I was going to get a antec truepower 480w, but they installed a trueblue with the sweet blue mob light. once they realized their mistake, they charged me for the origional power supply, but left the trueblue in, meaning I got the supply $20 cheaper! w00t!

OK, so here's my comp pics finally! Excuse the crappy digital pics, I borrowed my friends digital camera and it's not exactly the greatest

56K BEWARE! THESE IMAGES ARE BIG

Just your standard front view, so you can get a feel of the extreme coolness my case embodies. seriously, cooler master deserves more love for this case design

Here's a view of the general desk area- so you can see the rest of the setup you guys helped design

General view of the inside of the inside of the case, very boring and will remain so, as this case does not have a clear side panel to show off any internal goodies

and finally a general view of the back and side of the case. just because.

Back