• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new Hyper 212 EVO!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

B7akk0

Registered
Hi :)
Today I got a new Hyper 212 EVO and I would just like to share my great results!

I am currently stable at 4.6ghz at 1.36 Vcore at around ~60 dedrees celcius.
With stock cooling i used to get 4.0ghz at 1.25 Vcore and got close to 80 degrees, so this is great!!

Was a great buy, would recommend it to anyone :D

I haven't tested the Evo version, but have the 212+ and it was a good bang/buck choice. There are better out there, but they also cost more. And Coolermaster has a good mounting system for both Intel and AMD also.

I have this CPU cooler on my i5 2500K. I over-clock it to 4.5 and the temp stays around 45 and at 100% it gets to around 60. Great cooler. I bought it initially because it was infringing on my rams space but it works great.

I have an Evo, cooling my OC Q6600 at 3.6Ghz idle temps around 38 degrees, gaming around 55, Best mounting system I have used, which was the main reason for buying one, other reason was price.

It is a great cooling system. The first thing I noticed when I took it out of the box was how massive it is. You have to have a pretty big case for it to fit. And that mount is pretty hardcore.

It's great for the price..... I still love my Corsair H100/Delta fan combo though.

My previous cooler was the Coolermaster Hyper 212+

Agreed, but I found this thing to be a bit of a pain in the butt to instal.

+1 It took me a couple tries to get it the way I wanted it and the instructions are not real helpful. But it is worth the effort it is a great piece of hardware

I got this recently and I really like it. I've had a bunch of HSF's over the years and I found this to be one of the easiest HSF's to install.

I was using the stock HSF and it wasn't bad. I was getting 39-42°C at idle (70°F ambient room) oc'd to 4.0ghz. With the Evo, I get 32-34°C at idle oc'd to 4.2ghz.

I picked mine up on Amazon for $35 shipped so it was a good deal too.

So... I finally maxed out this CPU cooler. I have been playing around on the benchmarking site to see what my current setup can take (my 212 EVO) I got up to 5.0ghz on my i5 and my temps went >91c so I guess it is time to get watercooling.:-/

I'm going to be getting this on Thursday with my new motherboard! Hopefully my 2600K will be a descent overclocker :)

It's great for the price..... I still love my Corsair H100/Delta fan combo though.

My previous cooler was the Coolermaster Hyper 212+

Yeah I bet. One of my friends has the H100 with 4 fans in push/pull..... Although he has an FX-8120 so he needs good cooling.

I don't have that much money so I ordered the CM 212 Evo. I'm hoping for a custom water loop later on when I have more money.

Back