• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new Pinnacle 24 from Mountain Mods (Pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DSCN0115.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

so some finals thoughts (reiterations)...

awesomely huge case...
nice finish
sturdy as can be

some gripes:

power/reset leads aren't long enough. well at least the one on the far side of the motherboard.

edges can be sharp

perimeter edge of 5.25" cage doesn't look like a clean cut, however, it is not really noticeable.

pci-slot plate does not perfectly line up with back panel. About 3 screw holes are off. I will be contacting MM shortly.

now some issues. I am not getting any video. I think something went with my board. neither of my video cards are working. This is after leaving the battery out of the board for about 12 hrs. Any other ideas guys? also, this is not a new board, I have been using it for a 2 or so yrs now.

Sounds like maybe the mobo is gone not sure but if you tryed 2 cards and both failed to work then that is all I can think of .
It still looks sweet !

great looking rig! :drool: , nice job on the loops , but 1 question ? -- could you have mounted your .3 rad at the top so the heat is blowing out the top and not out the front. just curious :beer: oh any luck with the vid??

I'd definitely try a new mobo if possible. Sounds like that's what the problem is if you already tried two vid cards. PITA but you gotta do what you gotta do. I think that's why i'm leaning towards a tech station for my next build... easier to swap parts when I need to. (i'm going to build a cage around it to cat proof it though)

great looking rig! :drool: , nice job on the loops , but 1 question ? -- could you have mounted your .3 rad at the top so the heat is blowing out the top and not out the front. just curious :beer: oh any luck with the vid??

yup, you have the option to make the top panel solid, 3x120, or 4x120. i went with the 3x120 with the thermochill spacing so i had the option to mount the rad up there. problem with that mount, though, is its tough (maybe impossible) to use a shroud with it. plus, i would be scared of it falling and smashing my board lol.

as for the vid/board issues, it just started working.. not sure exactly what i did. i went down to the bare essentials (no pci cards and one ram stick) and then still no boot. then i switched the dimm i was using, as well as blew compressed air into the slots (dimms and pci) and power connectors. then it booted and worked. i then replaced all extras and it still work. really odd, not sure what happened.

Thanks for the comments and pointers.

and also, the screws not lining up on the pci bracket, rear plate .... the guys at mm said they sent me the wrong bracket and are mailing me a new one.

So I think I am done for now.

Ok so to update: few posts up I mentioned that the pci bracket and back panel were not lining up. Well, after a few quick emails with detailed pictures, the guys at MM determined that I was sent an older back panel. The next day, they shipped out the correct panel, I received three days later, and now everything lines up perfectly.

So today, I got in a four 36" SATA cables in order to be able to more effectively hide them. Three are for my HDDs and the fourth is for my DVD drive. They will be seen in some pictures.

Also, since previous photos, I have moved my HDDs. I was hesitant about this position at first, fearing that they may some how fall some day and smash my board. However, after feeling that they were sturdy and determining that this position will allow for much better cable management, I decided to make the switch.

Final note, with all my fans on high, which is fairly loud but not too bad (all fans are medium yate loons) my E6600, OC'd to 8x400, with a vcore of 1.296 (which accounts drop but not load droop) ,

my temps are 22/24C.

Those are by far the best temps I have ever seen with my set up. In the old case, in a cold room, which I am not in right now, I would get 27ish, and warm, 30ish, not matter what always above room temp. new set up, I hover at room temp or a little above.

So here are some final photos, at least until I come up with some other ways to burn my money.

Both Panels off, more commonly exposed side:

DSCN0153.jpg

Little Close up of the four SATA cables coming out from behind the board.

DSCN0154.jpg

Opposite Side panel, wire management:

DSCN0156.jpg

Close up of HDD SATA connections and DVD Drive:

DSCN0158.jpg

DSCN0159-1.jpg

Commonly Exposed side with Back Panel On:

DSCN0163-1.jpg

Rear Panel of Case, case sealed:

DSCN0165.jpg

Front Panel, case sealed:

DSCN0167.jpg

And Two shots of my desk setup:

DSCN0170-1.jpg

DSCN0174.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. Thanks for all the comments, pointers, and input guys. Much appreciated.

and PS: I absolutely hate this camera. I do not know if its the resolution loss from uploading or what, but these photos are always fuzzy.

Last edited:
Man, it looks good. I might be in the market for a new case. This is definitely on the list.

Are the pictures blurry looking before you upload them?

btw what mouse is that?

Man, it looks good. I might be in the market for a new case. This is definitely on the list.

Are the pictures blurry looking before you upload them?

btw what mouse is that?

Thanks.

man i just had to edit that last post script statement. it made no sense.. and lol, silly me, yeah they are fuzzy, so its not the upload. I feel like this camera keeps trying to focus one specific part, so the rest of the photo comes up fuzzy, or at least not as clear.

Ah the mouse. I actually won it in a contest. Its awesome, definitely the best I have ever owned. Its the Stinger mouse by Cyber Snipa. Everyone laughs at me (non enthusiasts) when they hear the company name. lol

its a great mouse, though. It has a great ergonomic feel. Three different sensitivities that can be changed via a button on the mouse. It also has adjustable weights so you have the right feel. The only downside is the damn cross hairs remain lit even when the computer is off. I generally end up throwing a shirt over it.

very clean indeed! nice work on hiding the wires (wire mngmnt.) i like the case too, black in black!:attn:

very nice rig! that case it just amazing well done :clap:
but whats up with the most wanted poster, 2 cans of duster and 1 Jack Daniels poster?? -hmmm u scare me!
jp everything look great :D

very nice rig! that case it just amazing well done :clap:
but whats up with the most wanted poster, 2 cans of duster and 1 Jack Daniels poster?? -hmmm u scare me!
jp everything look great :D

ah man.. lol you noticed!

first, duster is strictly for dust!!! I dont know how kids "huff" (or whatever it is) thats stuff. The few times i have gotten it near my face, it has smelled terrible and made me want to puke. lol.

next, the jack and most wanted poster are remnants of my adolescence. I thought in the day that the poster was cool. Man, lets not get into that, lol. hmm, How the thought process changes after 5 or so yrs of maturation. And the Jack sign; I cannot even drink the stuff anymore. Too many bad hangovers. All in all, I guess I am a phony :(:( lol

any who, yeah, I am also a huge fan of the black interior. It makes me realize just how much I really hated the ugly stainless steel of my old LL.

thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Back