• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new w/c rig with pics! :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes. I've cut about 5-6 cables...only screwed up 1 FDD cable..I don't know how :(

Get your razor blade, puncture the hole through it (don'tneed to cut it) and then pull it apart.

i use a scalpel blade, but some ppl say its too sharp, so you can use a kitchen knife, so its large enough not to slip every where. Then tape it up with electrical tape, the more you do the stiffer it will be. (which is good, you can still bend it to pretty much any shape you want, it will stay there for ever!)

Also in that image, you can see I have a whining maxtor...so much so, I used foam and taped it onto it, its a bit quieter now. If it whines realy realy high pitched, do you think I could get it RMA'd? I bought it with a compute, do you think the vendor would replace it?

i just use my girlfriends fingernails to punch through all the spaces in the wire and then i rip it down and tape it!

You wonder why bubbles are forming at the top of the resevoir?

You have it setup wrong. Have the pump suck water from the res.

res->pump->rad->block->res

The bubbles are from the way the res is designed. Also I had a particular setup in mind and there's no way I could make a loop that way and keep the project the way I planned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The bubbles are from the way the res is designed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Or from the way you have the pump pushing water into the res, and forcing it to push out the other barb. :burn:

Make changes to the project.:clap:

if it's a closed loop system, how does it matter where the pump is in the circuit? With a strong pump and only about 4' of tubing the flow is the same through the entire thing. Second of all, I started an entire thread about this and other people verified that it's the design of the res, NOT the placement of the pump.

Ok... whatever you say. :)

Next time you have it disassembled, try and rearrange the flow. :beer:

tseongsun,

Looks great!! I got one question for you, where'd you buy that 120mm ADDA fan?

Adda is one of my favorites (Sanyo Denki, Panflow, ADDA and Pabst) Anyway I've tried almost every 120mm fan and never saw a 120mm ADDA and I need to get one and test it out.

Silversinksam said:
tseongsun,

Looks great!! I got one question for you, where'd you buy that 120mm ADDA fan?

Adda is one of my favorites (Sanyo Denki, Panflow, ADDA and Pabst) Anyway I've tried almost every 120mm fan and never saw a 120mm ADDA and I need to get one and test it out.

The ADDA came with a custom case I bought previously from AMK Computers It's a noisy SOB, so that rheo is a life saver. I wanted a Sanyo Denki but decided to save money and canibalize my old comp and save my money for :beer: Here's the specs:

104.8cfm
42.8dBA
2800RPM

Oh by the way, Yodums, you should have been in my "people to thank list too!" Thanks!

Back