• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Patriots gaming rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got to ask, hows the rig doin? It's been awhile since you completed it, have you had to change fluids, or was this more for show off purposes (I totally get that too) and it sits in a nice corner covered up so it doesn't get dirty. You see all these nice rigs, but what happens to them a few months down the road, or years later. I know the one I build a year ago has transformed a few times and now that its complete it will get used and dirty, the dreaded dust build up is all that I fear though.

Not a pats fan, but definitely a fan of that computer, truly awesome work. An whether your a football fan or not, you got to admit that its a well laid out and nicely done system.

If you ever get bored and want to build a system, I'll take a Raiders build to go, just ship it to Rockwall when done. :chair:

Because i have more than one rig so i run that Patriots rig for the first 2 month and then it go to the corner of the room, right now, i'm using the Green giant machine at my everyday gaming/ entertainment machine.
And i did some minor upgrade, i got another 1tb Samsung 850 pro so now the rig got 2x Samsung 850 pro ssd raid0, i abandon the idea of going 4 way SLI because i need the PCI-E slot for the ssd

At for the next build, it's gonna be a Cowboy rig, i promise my wife i will build her a cowboys rig, i just order the NZXT H440 from amazon yesterday, probably got the case sometime next week, will start tear the case down and do some custom paint job in April when the weather get warmer outside, still too cold right now, not good for out door painting.

You post pictures of the Green Giant? Don't think I've run across it before. How'd you like the REVO drive, thought about goin with an Intel 750 series 1.2tb pci, but until I build an Intel system, I just don't think the AMD rigs I have can utilize nearly as well. I tired raid with some ssd's I could actually see the slow down in gaming compared to just non-raid ssd, But those numbers looked cool :attn:

You gonna have to show off your wife rig when you get it all painted, blue silver and white will look pretty good I bet.

Back