• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My power supply can handle it ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tursango

Hi guys, can you guys tell me if my power supply can handle my pc config?

My power supply: Corsair ATX 12V/2.2 430W CMPSU-430CXV2

Processor Intel Core I5-4670K Haswell 3.4Ghz 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1150 Quad-Core 4 Geração BX80646I54670K
MoBo Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H,LGA 1150, Intel Z87
Kingston SSD 2.5´ 120 GB V300 SATA III SV300S37A/120G
Gabinete Aerocool VS-92
Memoria G.Skill Ripjaws 8Gb(2x4G) CL9 1333MHz DDR3 F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL
HD Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue, Sata III 64Mb, WD10EZEX
GPU AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (1024 MB) -> Its one Radeon R7850 Core

Sorry my english, im brazilian.
If you know anything isnt compatible here, please tell me.. im newbie on this area.

Thanks a lot, have a nice day.

PS: I dont want do overclock / SLI / Crossfire.

500W (or greater) power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connector recommended7

Thats just for your GPU. It might work if you dont overclock anything, but id get something bigger

It will work perfectly fine, including overclocking.

4670k pulls 84W
7850 pulls 130W
Mobo/RAM/HDD is ~40W

Total: 254W

Add 30% for overclocking 330W. You're just fine.

Im very confused about that, I posted it on some forums, and every person give me a different answer about that =D

but I really appreciate your answer dude, have a nice day.

Im very confused about that, I posted it on some forums, and every person give me a different answer about that =D

but I really appreciate your answer dude, have a nice day.

Its just a bit of simple math and looking at the TDP of parts :thup:

yea I know =D hope you are right =d
I did one test at one website I it said too I can keep my power supply =d

I built a system for a friend running an i5 2500k (more power draw than your chip) and an hd6950 modded to 6970(way more power draw than your card) using that same corsair 430w more than a year ago and it still runs fine.

Listed suggestions for power supplies are always quite high because of all the cheap power supplies on the market that advertise peak power output at 25℃ instead of the much more realistic non peak output at 40/50℃. That doesn't even take into account the really bad ones that just don't meet their specs no matter how you fudge the numbers.

I posted it on some forums, and every person give me a different answer about that =D
You should have come here first, we know best! :D
It will work fine with that system

You could run two of those GPUs if you wanted to. Here are some full system, at the wall (which means they include PSU inefficiency, multiply by 0.85 to get the internal load number, that being the wattage listed as the PSU rating, 430w, in your case), power numbers from my review of a fairly gnarly 7850 (as far as they go, anyway):
7850i-powerConsumption.png

Not power hungry, 7850s.

Back