• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My TT AquariusII impressions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Toysrme said:

Building a normal custom kit from any manuf like swift/DDen/Dtek takes no more work than anything else... Even if you waste money and get all the parts online from the same person, guess what??? You have all the parts and no more work than a "small kit". It requires no more planning than a small kit and not 5 min of extra work is involved...

Not only that the small cheap kits DO compete with the serious water cooling solutions. They all cost nearly the same, they directly compete with one another wether or not anyone cares to believe that...

Drop the myths and get with the facts guys.
it´s no so easy though, in the 90% of the scenarios you told you MUST have to mod your case, cut, blowholes, remove HD bay, etc. With this kit, you have WC and nice looks too, plus simplicity, plus K8 support, plus fan and temp control via MB, and auto shutdown. I think its a good product , maybe someone just need to do some tweaking to it to perform even better.

Not true at all Freek. You ahve to mod your case no less with the kits than with custom kits.

It entirly depends on your planning, and what you want to do. Why can't people see that???

You can design your own stuff just using the custom seclects on all the websites to fit your needs much better.

Toysrme said:
You ahve to mod your case no less with the kits than with custom kits.

This kit had no modding what so ever, not even one single screw to put :cool:

Also I figured out how to make it work a lot better, if you change the included fan on the radiator with a tornado the temps drop 5C. Now I get 34C idle and 40C full load on Polly 2100XP @ 2132mhz (164x 13.0)@ 1.85v. It allowed me to overclock the mb 5 mhz more. I wouldn't keep this fan on though is loud, I order a couple of high cfm low noise fans to try out. It looks like my solution is going to be TT smart fan II. Have the temp diode sit on the core so that it auto adjust itself depending on temp. Max cfm is 75, so that is pretty good and is quite a bit quieter than the tornado. One hell of an improvement for $15 bucks.

Also with by trying different tubing setups, I settled with having the pump pump water to the top inlet of the water block and the have the hot water go to the radiator to get cooled and back to the TOP inlet of the resevoir. The radiotor gets 2C hotter, (which means more efficient cooling) and the chip droped 1C ~ 2C. I know usually its the opposite effect, pump->rad->cpu but by trying it I got better temps with pump->cpu->rad so I am sticking with it. Lastly, this is all possible by using AS3 and lapping the water block.

I can't wait to get my Epox 8rda+ to try the aquarious with my new AIUHB 2100xp. I will keep on posting. :D

Sounds like its doing a good job for your needs. I'm curious though if you leave it on 24/7. I know right now you've been doing a lot of tweaking/tinkering with it. I'd like to know what the temps do if you let prime95 torture test run for a while. Initial temps can be deceiving, its after the whole system reaches equalibrium when things start to get interesting. If ya get the time and are curious, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested in the results.

peace.
unloaded

I can definately think of two people I know who could benefit from this kit. I do think that if theywere to go with a BIM, a good block, and a maxi-jet 900, they would do slightly better.

UnLoadeD said:
Sounds like its doing a good job for your needs. I'm curious though if you leave it on 24/7. I know right now you've been doing a lot of tweaking/tinkering with it. I'd like to know what the temps do if you let prime95 torture test run for a while. Initial temps can be deceiving, its after the whole system reaches equalibrium when things start to get interesting. If ya get the time and are curious, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested in the results.

peace.
unloaded

I do not leave my pc 24/7 more like half a day. All the max temps I have reported here were after running prim95 torture test. The max temps were what MBM 5 reported on test 40 out 43. Also, max temps right now I get after running 3dMark 2001se were 39C but this is with a tornado on the radiator at full speed.

Giblet Plus! said:
Those are pretty shabby temps for a Tornado fan (and a water cooling system) A SLK-800 would be several degrees cooler with that fan than your kit.

The whole reason on getting this kit was to avoid noise, placing the tornado in was just to test what results I would get, I defineltly do not want noise in my case (tired of the vaccum sound). I hardly think it would beat this kit if you used the slk-800 with a 30cfm fan. Lastly this temps were what my internal temp diode shows which I have long expected give me high readings. I also keep a temp diode form my hardcano next to cpu core between the chip and the waterblock, and the max temps that it reports is 33C (23C ambient) on a full prime95 torture test with the tornado. With the included fan, it would report 38C. Lastly consider that this is with a Palamino 2100XP (NOT thourohbred) oc to 2132mhz 164x13 @ 1.85v.

Just wanted to say that thats pretty impressive for that kit. It wasent designed to give people temps around ambient, the kit is mainly designed to give you decent cooling with practically no noise. besides, the kit was only $150? a low end kit from dangerden is like $250 and your temps are only going to be like 5-8*c cooler. You have to drop $350 to get yourself temps right above ambient, or atleast thats if you buy every part from them...

Don't try to convince everyone, candy7man24. Some people just won't be okay with it. Sounds like you're having fun and are perfectly happy and that's all that counts.

Hey you will never make hardcore water cooling people happy, even $350 dollars kits aren't enough, after a while they start looking for something to mod, but what the hell isn't that why we are all here? ;) Besides, I can see myself on my second kit will definently won't be easy to install one, but I think that is how you learn. Everyone here has great points, but it just seems that the point is missed sometimes, often around here I find comparisions are lacking, people tend to compare apples and oranges when they are not in even in the same category. A good comparison to the AquariusII would be a kit like the Iceberg I, not White Water, etc. This place is of great help to me, I am just trying to voice my opinion on a product I believe does its job right (ON WHAT IT IS INTENDED FOR). But even with criticism I learn, people that flame this kit often point out other products that now I am aware of for my next water cooling adventure, so they do help. Those profucts are often made for the hardcore experienced crowd, but it is great to start getting acquainted with them neverthless. I didn't know what the hell was a shroud for instance by now I know, maybe next time ;) but for now, I am happy with what I got.

it's been quite a few months now candyman. I'm just wondering what your impressions of this system are after running it for an extended preoid of time.

V8gent said:
it's been quite a few months now candyman. I'm just wondering what your impressions of this system are after running it for an extended preoid of time.
Ya I almost forgot well more like I did forget but I would still like to see how it is holding up too:p

A custom $150 WC system will toast hte Aquarius, and be even quieter to boot. :rolleyes:

Most with the aquarius regret buying it, those who do not tend to be fools..

I don't believe you are one, candyman,, but trust me, you could have gotten a much better setup for $150 ;)

Well let me put it this way, it was pretty good learning kit, but it did server the purpose of introducing me to Watercooling. Now the Aquarius lies in an HTPC and not on my computer, my computer now has the swiftech h2o-8500 kit (modified) with a dual 80mm fan radiator with 2 smart fans connected to the cpu. I get about 41C full load on a T-bird 2100xp @ 2.5ghz 1.975 volts.

Yeah, same for me and the koolance. I'm now upgrading that sucker to a high-performance 1/2" system and the existing case is still workable.

having personally used the TT watercooling kit, i know it isnt worth the money. its not dead silent, seeing as you still have the fan on the radiator, and after a day the pump died, the cpu temp shot up to 60c and the computer shut down. the replacement pump has worked since, but for the cost its not worth the touble. it works about as well as my stock intel cooler under load, and about 5c cooler at idle.

I've had a TT kit running my UT2k3 server for almost 3 months straight. It's cooling an 1800 palimino. Still runs(finger crossed) till this day and my temp has never gone above 39c.

The pump did make some noise when I first installed it, but from what I can tell it doesn't now. I went with the TT kit to replace a noisy hsf. The TT fan that comes on the rad seems alot quieter to me than what I had so I can live with it now :)

Back