• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nanoxia DS5 Fan Options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mark617

I am going to buy the Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 here shortly, and am wondering about fan options. I have five prior fans from my old build, San Ace 109R1212H101 fans. I think they are fairly good, but 120 mm. So, for this case, how would you utilize those fans? How would you populate the case? It's a gaming rig on air, with either a Hyper 212 or Noctura 14 or 15 as the CPU cooler. Haven't gotten that far yet.

Just curious as to recommendations on fans and how to populate (thinking two in front and bottom are intakes, the two up top and rear are exhaust). But, since most openings seem to be for 140 mm, I am not sure I should use any of my 120 San Ace, instead perhaps investing in some new fans.

One on the CPU cooler (reuse stock fan in less critical location), rest as case fans. Try to get plenty of airflow around the GPUs (especially if they have cooler designs that dump heat into the case) and also around heatsinks on the motherboard. You probably won't need to worry much about airflow around SSDs, but HDD RAID arrays will need some.

Back