• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NB overclock on ASUS M4A88TD-V

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Efonzerellie

I've been fiddling around with overclocking the NB and have been seeing great improvements on all my benchmarks. I'm able to hit 2700 on 1.1 Volts no problem, I wanna know if it's ok to run this board with 2700-2800 OC 24/7
also what would be an ideal OC on the NB with my setup for safe volts and temp?

I think you've got the NB (chipset) voltage confused with the cpuNB voltage. The cpuNB has an adjustable speed and "AMD safe" voltages for your 955BE's cpuNB run from 1.175-1.25v. With excellent load core temps (< 50) you can probably push that to 1.30v but you shouldn't need to. You can push the speed of the cpuNB as high as possible without damage - it's the voltage you have to watch.

The NB (chipset) is mostly the PCIe Bus interface for the HT Link. NB voltage for your board, and most non-IGP boards, is 1.1v and is usually left at that or on Auto.

Back