• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a 4.4Ghz "Stable" Overclock for my FX-6100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Speether, at what MHZ have you had this processor stable for two hours of prime at? Unless you are benching your gains at 4.4 are going to be minimal compared to the amount of cpu v-core that is going to be required to take you there. We have also seen that at some point these FX chip are hard to overclock on the multiplier alone. Sometimes you need to start using the FSB but this also changes other things, such as you memory speed, ht link and nb frequency. So it shouldn't be done until you are comfortable with changing other parameters in the bios. Furthermore to the point of what Johan was saying, what case are you using? It really does make a difference and 2 120mm fans are probably not moving enough air inside that case, unless they are really high CFM fans.

Everything Great! except for one thing.....

Ok, as you can see in the photo, I did the fan thing and... the temps dropped!! :D And yes, I have two fan spots on the top of my case. If I were to put a fan in either of the spots, should i mount it as an intake or exhaust? It looks a little difficult to get air on the north bridge (since its below the cooler in a awkward spot)

I did find one thing strange however. During the test, worker #4 didnt get any warnings or errors, but it really fell behind compared to the other workers. Take a look at the photo.

Attachments

• DSC08560.JPG
    DSC08560.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 296
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 294
I would put a fan in each of those top spots as exhaust fans. Due to the width of the V8 yes I would assume putting spot fans on the VRM section would be difficult. If it is at all possible, it is a worthwhile modification. As far as the workers falling behind I think that is normal. I have the same issue when priming my 8350. What MHZ have you had this processor stable 2 hours prime blend at?

For Pete's sake! Fans are cheap. Put fans in both top panel fan spots. Make the fans in the top and back all exhaust. Make the front fan intake. Put small 40-50mm fans on the VRM and NB areas, like so, attaching them to the sinks if possible with a piece of double-sided adhesive strip on the fan frame hub:

Attachments

• spotfans.JPG
    spotfans.JPG
    795.7 KB · Views: 297
Mandrake I havent yet blend tested for 2 hours. I just now found a good setup for my 4.4 clock. I'll get back to you later when I have fans like trents does. And thanks to all of you that helped me out in this! :) wouldn't have figured it out without you guys!

Just an FYI a good setup and a stable one are two different things. If you don't mind random crashes I would prime blend test it for 2 hours to make sure it's stable.

This looks like a good deal to me if you buy several of them at once to offset the shipping charge: http://www.ebay.com/itm/GELID-SILEN...?pt=US_Computer_Case_Fans&hash=item231f94aa1f They're coming from Taiwan so it would take 2-3 weeks to ship.

Good find there "for pete's sake" aka "trents". Hehehe. Depending on what and where, some of that stuff comes pretty quickly according to the results of a friend of mine who orders from Taiwan all the time. I cannot force myself to do so yet though.
RGone...

I've ordered a number of things from Taiwan off ebay and some have come within about 9-10 days and some have take about 3 weeks. If you need it in time for a Christmas gift it will take three weeks and be late. You know how it goes.

tie every componect together, then tie them all to your ceiling fan, and you got a sweet cooling/orbiting pc! xD

Back