• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a better cooling than wraith prism for ryzen 2700 just to play anthem lol

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kilyan

Hi, Anthem is so well optimized that puts up the temps by 20 degrees compared to other games . i reach freaking 80 degrees celsius tdie in winter !!!!
So the options for me are:
-getting a way better cooler, to be able to play in the summer
-stop playing it until bioware finds what's wrong with the unbereable cpu stressing
-get an air conditioning system in my room and leave the case open

I prefer of the 3 changing the cpu cooler.
So what should i use to lower considerably the temps while playing Anthem?

Honestly, I think that any system build, regardless of "budget" should have liquid cooling. Even a cheap AIO.

back in the day, when I was in Highschool and screwing around with an 800MHZ duron, an athlon xp 1200+, or an amd 64 2400+, I always used air because I was intimidated by liquid cooling. It was also expensive in the early 2000s.

I am a very big fan of any corsair products. I built an AMD phenom X6 back in 2011, and I used an old school version of the corsair H60. I upgraded to an FX8350 last year and had it running at like 4.8-4.9 GHZ with no problem.

If you're on a budget. Look at this

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...iption=h60i&cm_re=h60i-_-35-181-140-_-Product

Or, h100i pro, which I have. Either way- Do liquid.

There's really no "messing" with it. An all in one cooler like I linked is self-contained. You don't even have to add water. Just install it like you would an air cooler. And it wouldn't clutter up the middle of your case like a big air cooler does.

Do you think maybe i could get my pc cooler by messing also with current air flow? Currently i have the stock 200mm in immission from the front panel, 1 exaust 120mm rear, and 2 more exaust on the top of 140mm

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

There's really no "messing" with it. An all in one cooler like I linked is self-contained. You don't even have to add water. Just install it like you would an air cooler. And it wouldn't clutter up the middle of your case like a big air cooler does.

possibly no rgb so i can spare some more money

First lets take a look at airflow. Right now it looks like you only have one 200mm intake fan, and 3 exhaust fans. You may need more flow into the case.
-Are your cables managed so that air can flow from the front fan, or are some blocking it?
-Are there a bunch of drives blocking the front intake, or are those bays open?
-Does your case allow you to remove the giant piece of metal blocking the fan, if you chose not to use the drive bays?
-Do you have room to add a 120mm fan in front of the PSU? Edit: A little experiment to try would be moving the rear exhaust to the bottom.
-Do you have the window or solid panel side?

Next we should make sure you're looking at the right temp. I assume you are since you mentioned tdie, however I just want to confirm that you're using that reading and not the tctl reading. Please confirm that your reading matches ryzen master's temp reporting. tctl is offset +10c on your chip to make the CPU fan spin faster.

Finally what is your budget?
-Your case can fit a 240mm liquid cooler in the top or front. Edit: likely will get best temps from a front mount.
-You can also fit CPU coolers up to 171mm, so for air cooling that should leave you open to many options. For reference the Noctua NH-D15 is 165mm tall with fan. You'll still need to consider ram clearance etc with a large air cooler.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think that any system build, regardless of "budget" should have liquid cooling. Even a cheap AIO.

back in the day, when I was in Highschool and screwing around with an 800MHZ duron, an athlon xp 1200+, or an amd 64 2400+, I always used air because I was intimidated by liquid cooling. It was also expensive in the early 2000s.

I am a very big fan of any corsair products. I built an AMD phenom X6 back in 2011, and I used an old school version of the corsair H60. I upgraded to an FX8350 last year and had it running at like 4.8-4.9 GHZ with no problem.

If you're on a budget. Look at this

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...iption=h60i&cm_re=h60i-_-35-181-140-_-Product

Or, h100i pro, which I have. Either way- Do liquid.

You can research the issue about no RGB. Whether or not that would save you money is questionable and it seems like all the manufacturers are going with RGB these days so finding one without will limit your choices. The most important thing to keep in mind as you research is that with your case the largest AIO cooler you could deploy is one with 2x120mm fans, aka, 240mm. I saw some for around $85 on NewEgg.

Hi, Anthem is so well optimized that puts up the temps by 20 degrees compared to other games . i reach freaking 80 degrees celsius tdie in winter !!!!
So the options for me are:
-getting a way better cooler, to be able to play in the summer
-stop playing it until bioware finds what's wrong with the unbereable cpu stressing
-get an air conditioning system in my room and leave the case open

I prefer of the 3 changing the cpu cooler.
So what should i use to lower considerably the temps while playing Anthem?

If you're not overclocking that cooler SHOULD do you just fine I've tested it. If it's not like others have said you need to address airflow in our case

There is also the possibility that the present cooler is not seated correctly or the thermal paste is not spread evenly.

There is also the possibility that the present cooler is not seated correctly or the thermal paste is not spread evenly.

If it was like my AMD stock cooler, the thermal paste was pre-applied. However it very well could be that the cooler needs to be re-seated.

If it was like my AMD stock cooler, the thermal paste was pre-applied. However it very well could be that the cooler needs to be re-seated.

I've noticed that's it's very easy to disturb pattern of the pre-applied thermal paste on those Wraith coolers because of the way they are packaged. Plus, a novice struggling to get things lined up could mess that up as well. Or, if it was removed and replaced without reapplying. There's a number of things that could go wrong.

Back