• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a cooler for a 6950 with double stacked connectors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rebelwarlock

I just got a nasty surprise when I bought the Accelero Xtreme III yesterday, only to take it home and find out that it didn't actually fit on my card. There are no warnings on the website that I could see, and the only warning I could find was a tiny graphic on the back of the packaging. Hopefully the store takes it back.

When I do take it back, I'd still like to get a cooler for my 6950, but it has to be compatible with the double stacked connectors. Since the Arctic site isn't exactly forthcoming with that information, what coolers are compatible?

Yeah, so they wouldn't take it back. That's fine, though - I got it to work even though it wasn't supposed to. Turns out if you remove the fan shroud, put the heatsink on the card, and then reattach the fan shroud, it works just fine. Sitting at ambient + 7C with the case open and on idle. Even with the fan manually at 100%, I can't hear it. This cooler is amazing. Their instructions could stand to suck a little less though.

Back