• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a fast reply!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OddRobb

Registered
Trust open-box items? Need a fast reply!

Can open box items (such as mobos) from newegg be trusted? do they still come with everything that the item would have shipped with if it were new? Thx!

I've heard people having good luck but you're not guaranteed to get any accessories might be board only or you might get them all.

I've heard people having good luck but you're not guaranteed to get any accessories might be board only or you might get them all.

The only thing I would add, is a open box from newegg has a 15 day return policy

I have heard a lot of people have had good luck with Open Box deals. A bit of a gamble but if the price is right. As long as you get the hardware with it. Drivers can be downloaded from the website.

Thanks guys. im looking to order my pc very soon and found an awesome deal on a mobo. I can either buy an open box mobo, or i can get a refurb one for just as cheap. Probly gonna go with the open box and try my luck then.

Don't forget to factor in the shipping. At NewEgg, many of the new boards have free shipping. Especially on the lower end boards it may not be much of a savings to go for the open box one if you have to pay $6.99 shipping.

Back