• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a good powerful AND reliable pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the 385 is the 9ft head pump, its a great pump, really small and lots of pressure but its incredebly loud!

Jon

Swiftech
I had a MCP300, a lot of people trashed that pump but I didn't have any problems with it.

When i added my northbridge to my loop i needed a larger pump.

Have the MCP600. Its awesome. Its small, quiet and pumps great.

I've never had one problem with the any Swiftech stuff. But I did wait until the rev. of the MCP600 was out, that is the one I own.

Good luck whatever pump you choose.

I do have The Quiet 1200 Pump. While it did leak just a bit, some thread tape and clear Silicone sealant fixed that. As for noise, its makes this noise as if something like sand was being pumped throught it. Its not loud but not anoying. I can stand it just fine. Noise was not really a factor for me. But 25$ shipped brand new was good, preformace has been great. 2500MHZ 1.9volts 33 Full load:) This is with just the CPU being cooled

I like the MCP300, I find no problems with it. 12L/min anyone? :D (Well, it's a Maze 4... [I made a few mistakes on my first setup])

Edit: Damnit. There I go, doing something I hate. Comparing it to nothing. :( I don't like the 1/2" OD tubing, though.

I bought a quiet one also... cheap is the word. also a wardleys pond pump and then a eheim. the eheim is the best of the bunch but also 2x-plus the cost of the other two. the best was a mag 350 canister filter unit. granted it wouldnt fit in the case but has a huge res built in and pumped water like crazy. but then i put all that crap in a box and bought a exos. go fig.

psy

sandman001, did you think about : Quiet one 3000.
10 ft max head
that is insane:D
pu_rb_qo.jpg

i keep reading post after post about pumps. I completely can't decide which pump to get. Space is an issue for me. i keep almost ordering the quiet one 1200, because people say they work pretty good. then i hear they suck. then i think i will go with the mag3, then i hear it vibrates and its loud. i get the feeling that pumps are hit and miss. like if ur lucky u get a good one. if not it leaks and vibrates. if the quiet one 1200 isn't leaking and dieing after a week does it perform well? will it power a system with a chevette heater core, cpu, NB, gpu block?? what about the mag3?? what is the size and noise difference with these 2 pumps??

Back