• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a Monitor for 1080 Gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You'll never forgive yourself if you don't get the 27"

6 bills is not so bad for that monitor , Dell will put that on sale at some point

Bump

Looking for more ideas before I tag this as resolved. Thx

Options are extremely limited right now. I've been watching for months and I've stopped recently because the market is so poor right now :/

If you are not in a hurry I would wait.

I would skip G-Sync at 1080p with a 1070. You'll most likely be running everything well past any 1080p's refresh rate.

Having said that, there's a few decent options at 1440p, notably this one, although that is also not GSync. It's also a hundred bucks under budget though.

That's an interesting thought. So do you think 1440 would look/refresh better than 1080 w/gsync?

That's an interesting thought. So do you think 1440 would look/refresh better than 1080 w/gsync?

Look? Certainly. Refresh? Depends on the game. My SLI 980s keep almost everything I throw at my monitor above 144FPS, and the ones that they can't don't dip below 100FPS. I can feel a slight slow down, but certainly not as slow as at 60FPS. Since the 1070 is just a little bit less powerful (if I'm reading the reviews right) than my 980s, I would wager on a similar performance, especially since you don't have the SLI issues.

GSync at 1080p seems pointless to me if you're running a high end card or two. At 1440p or higher with high refresh rates, it's definitely more useful, but I would personally not pay what they want for it.

Thank you. I need to read up some reviews which I have to admit I haven't done any research yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predato...496949498&sr=8-1&keywords=1080p+gsync+monitor

Great price for 1080p 144hz with g-sync

imo g-sync at 1080p is smart for the long term investment. As games get more and more demanding, maintaining high refresh rates will get harder and harder, and g-sync will cover the smootheness even as fps goes down over the years. This will happen faster with 1440p, but with 1080p this means the longevity of a GPU + G-Sync monitor is about as long as you could want it.

FWIW you can always run 1080p on the game with a 1440p monitor.

Back