• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a motherboard for a Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ringside

Registered
Hello all,

I recently picked up one of these CPU's for a very good price, and it's a big step up from my 5 year old rig.

I'm looking to get a new motherboard, RAM and an SSD so I can build a new computer (new parts / reusing PSU, case etc) mainly for amateur video editing, Sony Vegas etc. Very little gaming, and general use.

I'm looking for a motherboard but ideally I need to stay under $150 if possible. I've had my eye on this Asus: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132118 but there are only a few reviews thus far.

Any thoughts on this, or any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Can't really speak to that board as I have never used it, however if yo are looking for an SSD newegg has 250 Evo's on sale for .54 cents a gig

$ 134.99 shipped

They will be gone soon

Sorry no link

Best buy also has a 250 Evo for that price at the moment. It's $139.99 in stores but they'll price match the website $134.99. Heading over there shortly.

Seems that at least in the Dallas / Ft Worth area, more stores are out than have them in stock at the moment.

Back