• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a new cooler for Haswell - Air or Water for $80?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlackBriar

Hi there,

I'm putting together a new build, based around a 4770k and an MSI z87 G45 board. I'm looking for a good cooler that can handle a mild overclock, probably to 4ghz but no higher. I've had a couple of recommendations:

Phantek PH-TC14PE_BK

Noctua NH-D14

My concern is that, as I am using a Haswell board and Corsair Vengeance RAM, space could become a big issue, especially with regards to the RAM heatsinks.

Would something a bit smaller, like a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, be a huge step down? I am only looking to get to 4ghz, no further.

Grateful for your advice

Get the Thermalright True Spirit 140 or Archon 140. They will perform equal or REALLY close to those whilst being much smaller.

That being said, the Hyper Evo would do fine for 4ghz but I wouldn't mind spending 10 bucks more for something much better and quieter. You'll thank me in the long run when you feel like pushing your chip more or if noise bugs you.

Back