• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a new PSU for Replacement...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dja2k

I came up with this...

Link

Its not for me but it is for a burned out OCZ 600 watt PSU that was powering an intel e6400, gigabyte ds3, 2 gb corsair PC26400, an ide dvd-rom, an ide dvd-rw, an ati pci-x x1600 (no aditional PSU connection needed) and a seagate 320 gb sata hard drive. I personally think that the OCZ 600 watt was too much power for this system. Well the PSU busted up and they need a fast replacement to power it now before they send it in for repairs. I found this antec 500 watt which looks good in amp on all three rails. What do you think? or Can you find one cheaper in price? Anything? Will be looking for replies to order the best suitable PSU later tonight.

Or

Link

dja2k

Last edited:
Went ahead and ordered this one HERE

It has a good 12AMPS on 115AC. Overall, +3.3V@30A, +5V@50A, +12V1@18A, +12V2@18A.

Rumor has it though, that Newegg use other companies to rebage their products under the Rosewill name.

$70 shipped with 3-day shipping by UPS. Who can ask for more.

dja2k

Yeah Rosewill can be a bit of a crapshot. I mean you could get a Wintech made unit (they make the Ultra X2 ) but everything else as far as I know is downhill from there. The fact that you could get a unit made my youngyear scares the hell outta me... Good luck with it

Well too late guys. If you would have answered earlier I would have ordered something else. Anyways, I think its a temp PSU for now. They don't overclock thier computer, so I think it would be okay. About it being youngyear, I don't think so because they don't do any model that is 550 watts and having those rail specs.

dja2k

Yeah its most likely ATNG built which aren't to good but usually don't burst in flames at 1/4 their rated loads (gotta love deer...) A friend of mine ended up with an ATNG built rosewill and it does alright, voltages don't fluctuate to much but they do droop a little bit. 12 volt goes from about 11.85 to about 11.70 under load.( it powers - single core AM2, 1Ggig DDR2, X800GTO, 1 HD)

Well I will cross my fingers and anyways this is for a customer whom said that the OCZ PowerStream 600 watt PSU stopped working two weeks after I gave him the computer. Wer are talking about an OCZ busting up in two weeks, oh come on. He also didn't want to wait for replacement, so I am loosing money here and went with the first desent cheaply priced thing I found.

dja2k

Well too late guys. If you would have answered earlier I would have ordered something else. Anyways, I think its a temp PSU for now. They don't overclock thier computer, so I think it would be okay. About it being youngyear, I don't think so because they don't do any model that is 550 watts and having those rail specs.
First post: 01:26 AM
Second post: 05:19 AM

You gave nobody any time to answer you back. If you would of waited a little longer you would of had some better choices.

I can tell you from my recent experience with that same Rosewill PS it works OK with NO overclocking. OK meaning that it "should" get them by for a while but I wouldn't put much faith in it. I am on my second one in less than 2 weeks, and I just rma'd this one because of the same problems I have had (too much voltage fluctuation) and ordered a much better PS (OCZ GameXStrem 700W). I have not even tried to OC my setup with the problems I have had.

With my new rig I should of known better, but at the time the last thing I was worried about was a PS (never make that mistake again:mad: ).

vaiopup said:
Must have been a time limited special offer.

No it was I need it by next tuesday kinda thing and I have been spending the night at the hospital with my brother who is sick and wouldn't have had a chance to order it in the morning by 12 PM. I wasn't about to spend more to get it 2-day or overnight for them.

dja2k

Last edited:
CW369 said:
I can tell you from my recent experience with that same Rosewill PS it works OK with NO overclocking. OK meaning that it "should" get them by for a while but I wouldn't put much faith in it. I am on my second one in less than 2 weeks, and I just rma'd this one because of the same problems I have had (too much voltage fluctuation) and ordered a much better PS (OCZ GameXStrem 700W). I have not even tried to OC my setup with the problems I have had.

With my new rig I should of known better, but at the time the last thing I was worried about was a PS (never make that mistake again:mad: ).

This computer is a stock, no overclocking, no juice hungry video card. Plain simple CPU, MEMORY, MOTHERBOARD, 2 DVD-ROM's, 1 HARD DRIVE, and a FIREWIRE CARD. The case is running only 2 120mm fans. I have seen computers built with cheaper PSU's than this one that are running more stuff and their voltages are fluctuating extremely and believe it or not, the damn things are still running. I think he will be okay for the time being and well if it works okay, I am keeping the RMA'ed OCZ PowerStream 600 for myself.

dja2k

Hope your brother is okay dude,and I can certainly understand the just wanting to get something ordered sentiment. Just wanted to mention the way you described the computer "no juice hungry video card. Plain simple CPU..." kinda answers your own question on what to get. No need to go crazy, a low wattage(350-400) fortron, enhance, silverstone, enermax, ect... would have been perfect for the non juice hungry system and cost about the same or less as the Rosewill but with better performance and peace of mind.

Well let us know how the one you get does.

Yeah I know a 400 watt PSU with good rails would do good but I was trying to cover my tracks and getting something close to his 600 watt and say "hey its 550 watts, give or take about the same amprage on all 3 rails" and say I replaced it so :beer: laterz pal... hahahaha Anyways he lives in mexico and supposetly him, the OCZ PSU gave up in less than two weeks, I say they burned it up with the cheap AC voltage they have over there. So, with that, if this cheap one gives up, I can always blame it on the same thing. :) Thanks Guys!

dja2k

I think by the model number AP-600X, this Rosewill PSU is exactly as the Coolmax AP-600X. Others who offer the same model are BFG.

dja2k

Yes I would imagine the Rosewill and Coolmax units to be similar because they are both probably built by ATNG. I'm unsure who makes BFGs 600 watt model but their 650 watt model is made by Topower.

Alexhk said:
Yes I would imagine the Rosewill and Coolmax units to be similar because they are both probably built by ATNG. I'm unsure who makes BFGs 600 watt model but their 650 watt model is made by Topower.

Thanks for this information and review. I was wondering who made this thing. I was probably railroaded for buying it at Best Buy :eek:, but I needed something for my new motherboard and my old DiabloTek one wasn't compatible with my new motherboard.

Hopefully, that lifetime warranty and support will make up for the bad review and price.:confused:

As i stated in another post...I picked up a 550 watt Rosewill psu that wouldnt even boot a system that was beign run by an old Antec 350 watt hehe

Back