• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacement Cables For Aero Cool V12XT 1000W PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blaze88

Registered
Hi everyone and thanks in advance for the advice I'm in a huge pickle just bought an Aerocool v12xt 1000w modular psu from a friend and to my shock there wer only two IDE power cables each cable has 3 IDE power cables now problem is finding Sata power cables that plug into this PSU as I only have sata drives

How old is the unit... Can you take pictures of the modular area?

So that's the pic of the modular part, would there be any alternative cables that I could use ?

Attachments

• POST V12XT.jpg
    POST V12XT.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 468
Do you need ones to plug in to the white or red connections?
If you can find a set of cables with the same connectors, you could use those, assuming they line up with voltage on the same connector.

Easiest route, buy adapters like Scott said.

Hope you aren't dangering your computer with an old, tired unit...

Into the white ports, would corsair cables work ? If not then I'm most likely to buy a corsair 80 gold psu that would solve the psu and cable problem as this psu will go into my 3rd backup system

Into the white ports, would corsair cables work ? If not then I'm most likely to buy a corsair 80 gold psu that would solve the psu and cable problem as this psu will go into my 3rd backup system

It should work, I mean its just a few cables that need to work like any onther cables. But i dont know the answer to that.
Wait for someone smarter than me :p

Hey same here Mark psuz aren't exactly my strong point but I have an old sata drive that I'm not using so I'll try some cables with that drive as ATMINSIDE said it should work if the voltages and pins line up

First you need to check the pattern of the two connectors, to make sure the housings will line up.
Second you need to check the colors of the wires in comparison to the existing cables.

With a unit as old as the one you have, you're better off buying new.
To my knowledge it wasn't exactly a stellar unit at new, much less four years (roughly) later.

Also, just because a PSU is rated 80+ Gold, Platinum, etc doesn't mean it's a good PSU.

That's true it is an old unit nonetheless I got it at next to nothing so I can replace it. Looking at the Seasonic Platinum-series 1200W Modular 80 Platinum is that a good unit though

Well for now these are my specs
Mobo : MSI 990FXA GD65 V2

Cpu : AMD FX 6300 Vishera @ 4.1Ghz

Cooler : Stock AMD Cooler

Ram : HyperX Fury 1600MHz 16Gb (2x8GB-)

Gpu : MSI R9 270X Gaming Oc 2G mem clock @ 1500MHz core clock @ 1130 MHz & nvidia gt240 (strictly for physics with physics mod AMD and nVidia side by side)

SSD : OCZ 40Gb (win 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit)

Storage Drives : Seagate Baracuda 7200Rpm 4 x 1TB

Psu : AeroCool v12xt 1000w modular psu

Case : Antec 900 ( proper cable management no mods to the case)

I'm saving up for two R9 280Xz

Whoa that is an awesome ! unit I'll have a look around here for one. I swear if I never see an aerocool unit again it'll be too soon lol

Back