• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED NEED ADVICE ASAP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
Sorry to rush guys, but my mobo just got fried from mining. :bang head

Here's the mobo I'm thinking of buying:
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_1207_1206_722&item_id=055658

It's cheap and it can overclock my non K i5-2300 (I think. he limited overclocking thingy)

What are your thoughts?
Also, will my current RAID 0 array have to be destroyed? I made the array on my mobo that got fried with the onboard Intel RST. (Option ROM version 10 something) If I have to start fresh, can I just image my drive with my paragon backup image I made? Or will it not work because it might be a different chipset??

I really can't spend a lot of money, $100 is already too much :-/

EDIT: Also, It kinda has to be from Canadacomputers, I need a new mobo by tomorrow. Homework has to get done :-/

Last edited:
Last edited:
DX-4850-43c

One of the first gen's I guess.

I bought it from Canada Computers back in 2011 :shock:

But AFAIK, they are pretty much all they same mobo..

EDIT: Found a serial number I think: MBGBL0100211081B4230B1

Last edited:
Both boards have Intel chipsets, so the raid array should transfer over. Intel to AMD or vice-versa seldom works, but intel to intel normally does.

Both boards have Intel chipsets, so the raid array should transfer over. Intel to AMD or vice-versa seldom works, but intel to intel normally does.

Oh thank god!

That's the best news I've heard today! ^_^

So basically I need a mobo that can support 2 GPU's full load. If that's too expensive, I'll buy some powered risers with my bitcoins :)

I have had good luck with Gigabyte motherboards, I have had 6 of them and when I have had problems I have had better service than Asus.

Might go with the Gigabyte board. I'll see what they have in store today.

Praying that everything goes smoothly, I have to get a presentation done today and it's n my hard drives :-/

Either will work fine. There isn't a better to me. Though it seems that outside of Asus rog boards, the rma process is bad at Asus.

Last edited:
Just want to say, this is where hardware RAID is vastly superior to software RAID.

Also, the Gigabyte looks fine, go for it.

Or single drive since most with raid don't even utilize it in the first place. Saves time, money, and hassle. Lol!

Or single drive since most with raid don't even utilize it in the first place. Saves time, money, and hassle. Lol!

No argument there!

Just offering another option :)

Also, when I ran RAID0 HDDs for my OS drive I still kept all my pertinent files (like school work, Silver) on a separate HDD so it wouldn't be tied to the RAID controller.

Edit: I would ditch that PSU if at all possible Silver, just saying.

No argument there!

Just offering another option :)

Also, when I ran RAID0 HDDs for my OS drive I still kept all my pertinent files (like school work, Silver) on a separate HDD so it wouldn't be tied to the RAID controller.

Edit: I would ditch that PSU if at all possible Silver, just saying.

Yeah. I use freefilesync, which copies all folders on the HDD to another drive/folder.

So I do have my schoolwork on a HDD not tied to the RAID array, but no mobo to access it :p

Oh ditch the PSU?
Why's that?
It does have more power than I need + I still have like warranty until 2016 (or was it 2018?) :thup:

Or are you concerned that the PSU is now damaged after the mobo went?

EDIT: 48 Amps on the 12volt rail. 270x uses both Pci 6 pin connectors, so the 6850 uses 2 molex -> Pci power connectors.
Both cards undervolted.

I also believe that the 6850 was drawing too much power through the mobo. I had it shoved into a Pcie 1x slot, which IIRC only provides 25 watts fo power. The 6850's TDP was at least 130 watts.....

@ed
RAID0 is my only option. Not a chance I'm going bad to single drives. Trust me on this when I say IDE drives are faster than Western digital Green drives. :p

I'm concerned because the 24-pin burned up.
If it was doing that OCP should have caught it (if the PSU even has that)

What's the PSU model number? This is where a sig helps...

I'm concerned because the 24-pin burned up.
If it was doing that OCP should have caught it (if the PSU even has that)

What's the PSU model number? This is where a sig helps...

I can get you that when I get home. (In class right now)

If it matters, no capacitors are blown/bulging and the pin started to melt. Pin is still intact, and wires are fine.

But in all reality, I can't afford a new PSU right now. My only option is to try to RMA if it is dead. And then I have to use my brother's PSU: EVGA 500B

The better question:
If the PSU is the issue, would you rather afford another mobo (after this one) and a PSU, or just a PSU?

The better question:
If the PSU is the issue, would you rather afford another mobo (after this one) and a PSU, or just a PSU?

I see what you mean.

I think until this weekend when I get more time, I'll only put the 270x in.
The PSU will power that no problems.

Then I'd like to test the PSU somehow to ensure it's okay.
Worst comes to worst, I'll steal my brother's PSU for a few days :p

I would take his PSU for now, and test your current PSU without a system using a multimeter.

Problem is that when you burn up a pin like that it usually means something shorted.

Back