• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on a CPU cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blado22

Registered
I intend to overclock my 3570k to around 4.5 GHz at the maximum. I'll probably start off at 4.2-4.3 though. I was going to get the Hyper 212 Evo, but I saw that it wouldn't fit in my case without removing the side fan. Is there a good alternative to the Hyper 212 evo that is similar or surpasses its performance? I'm reluctant to spend more than $50 on one. Alternatively, if there is nothing that compares to the 212 Evo at its price range, is it that big of a deal in terms of cooling to remove the side fan (other than it making the computer uglier)?

Thanks for any help :).

I have 5-6 fans in there currently. I'm assuming that's enough.

Yes, there are fans on the front of the case, the top, and the rear.

You probably don't need that side fan at all honestly. More than 3-4 fans for airflow is generally overkill. But depends entirely on your case. Not sure which case you're using. If its in your signature, I'm on mobile version lol. Grab the Evo ;)

^Yep, not fond of side panel fans, as they usually disturb the airflow by creating unneeded turbulence.

Back