• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need Advice on a Lenovo: First Laptop Purchase

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Route44

I know a good bit about Desktop PCs but when it comes to Laptops I don't mind confessing I am noobish. The purpose of said laptop will be for college work utilizing Windows Office, research, papers, homework, burning DVDs, internet, etc. It will not be used for gaming.

The parameters are XP Pro with 1 gig of RAM at no more than $900 and certainly less if I can; but if something else from your experience would be better please feel free to suggest other models/manufactuerers. I'm not asking for much, am I? :D This doesn't need to have all the bells and whistles.

Let me know what you think of the following. Thanks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834146276

This is general suggestion not to be only applied lenovo series.

I would look for 12 or 14 inch notebook for mobile. 15 and up in my opinion are too big but that's my feeling

For cpu either core duo or core 2 duo.
Atleast 6 cell battery for 2-4 hour use.

My suggestion would be looking into refurnished dell e1405 from dell outlet. You can get one depending on spec for $700-$900. There is one thing about that laptop that I don't like but eveything else is great but that's my opinion.

Back