• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TooTeck

Registered
Hi guys,
I'm going to build new pc. I choose part and need advice if everything will work correctly or advice for better parts.

AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor
Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Asus Radeon R9 290 4GB DirectCU II Video Card
Fractal Design Define R4 ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair 760W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ( I already have a corsair CX500 but I don't sure if it is strong enough for this build, so I add 760.) :confused:

What do you guys think ?
Appreciate any opinions! Thanks in advance!

I only had mATX before(and now too and it is arock:( and I'm not happy with it) and they didn't have much space. When you put something bigger like graphic card there isn't any space left in pci area for something else. Same goes for any bigger cooling systems on cpu. And ppl says that ATX is better that mATX, better performance.

They'll perform the same.
If you don't have plans to use a second graphics card then you have all you need in an mATX size.

You probably had bad luck with ASRock in the past because you were using them for AMD. Their AMD stuff mostly sucks IMO. Their Z97 stuff is fantastic.

Here is a revised build with a better SSD and a cooler so you can OC the CPU. It takes your aversion to ASRock into account.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/mistersprinkles/saved/nPkRsY

I like the case better too.

I would like to point out though, that from ASRock, for the same price, you get better components, particularly the sound chip. And they're just as reliable.
But you can just as well buy the ASUS board.

I'd also like to say that I've built 5 PCs with ASRock boards, 2 of which live with me, and I have yet to encounter any catastrophic failures. In fact, there's one I built in late 2004 still floating around with a Pentium 4 in it.

In general, full size ATX boards have more room for beefier power phase components and sinks and the extra PCB real estate dissipates heat more efficiently.

You probably had bad luck with ASRock in the past because you were using them for AMD. Their AMD stuff mostly sucks IMO. Their Z97 stuff is fantastic.

Here is a revised build with a better SSD and a cooler so you can OC the CPU. It takes your aversion to ASRock into account.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/mistersprinkles/saved/nPkRsY

I like the case better too.

I would like to point out though, that from ASRock, for the same price, you get better components, particularly the sound chip. And they're just as reliable.
But you can just as well buy the ASUS board.

I'd also like to say that I've built 5 PCs with ASRock boards, 2 of which live with me, and I have yet to encounter any catastrophic failures. In fact, there's one I built in late 2004 still floating around with a Pentium 4 in it.

I may try ASRock again, I have to thing about it. And I like asus version of the GTX. I use now radeon from Asus and really happy with it and I would like to stay with asus cards.
and can I use with this build my corsair cx500 power supply ?

I was thinking about ASUS Strix 970.
Thx for the build I think I will stick to it.
It's going to take my about a 6 weeks to get the parts, then I'll let you know how it works :)

ohh yeah, I don't like to look of that case :) any better but still good ones ?

I was thinking about ASUS Strix 970.
Thx for the build I think I will stick to it.
It's going to take my about a 6 weeks to get the parts, then I'll let you know how it works :)

ohh yeah, I don't like to look of that case :) any better but still good ones ?

Depends on what you're looking for. Pick a case and we'll tell you if it'll work with this build or not. I don't know what you find aesthetically pleasing.

Back