• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on size of air cooler for matx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gatecrashermark

Registered
Hello , i got a reasonable problem i got a stock cooler on my amd athlon11 971k black edition cpu and i got the msi a55m-p33 micro atx mobo with two sticks of corsair vengeance 1600 4gb, now problem is i want to upgrade from stock cooler but the big size ram sticks will be in the way of any normal sized 3rd party air cooler

Can anyone recommend some slim line version as i can't afford the watercooled route just yet.

Better cooling is part of the issue, ram clearance the other. That said, the Evo would work as I believe it can be oriented to not cover the slots.

Better cooling is part of the issue, ram clearance the other. That said, the Evo would work as I believe it can be oriented to not cover the slots.

Won't work there is very little space between the ram and cpu and gtx660 the cooler would have to be thin and raised and then widen up higher up.

One more thing before i fit this cooler to cpu what would you recommend for the paste?
Would you use the paste that comes with the cooler or another like arctic silver?

Back