• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice with building a gaming PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Already went over that...
Take some time to read the thread.

No time, leaving on a plane in a few hours.

The extra money spent on the high end board with a PLX chip for x16/x16 is a waste.
It MIGHT get you 2-3% over an x8/x8 board. MIGHT.

I feel that 3% is worth it. Why would you want to get less than 100% out of your GPU?

Also, case aesthetics are a personal preference. No reason to say someone's case is hideous...
I just looked up the XPredator and think it looks pretty darn cool.

We're all adults. I can say I think a case is ugly. Its not a personal attack. :D

Already went over that...
Take some time to read the thread.

No time, leaving on a plane in a few hours.

The extra money spent on the high end board with a PLX chip for x16/x16 is a waste.
It MIGHT get you 2-3% over an x8/x8 board. MIGHT.

I feel that 3% is worth it. Why would you want to get less than 100% out of your GPU?

Also, case aesthetics are a personal preference. No reason to say someone's case is hideous...
I just looked up the XPredator and think it looks pretty darn cool.

We're all adults. I can say I think a case is ugly. Its not a personal attack. :D

Then wait till you have time.

Oh, so the extra $100+ for the mobo with a PLX chip couldn't be used toward a different system upgrade that nets more than 3%?

Never said it was a personal attack, but it was still rude.
It would have been just as easy to say "By the way you could rebuild in your current case if you like it".

If this is just a gaming rig, why not go AMD for the board? Save a few bucks there and put it back into graphics/screens.

If this is just a gaming rig, why not go AMD for the board? Save a few bucks there and put it back into graphics/screens.

Because you need an 83x0 to compete with intels offerings. And you need a stout board. By the time you spend that money, you could have gone with the intel in the first place and not have to worry about AMD's finnicky nature or tons of heat output from a seriously overclocked 8350. Not much "savings" when you have to run a 150+$ motherboard to get reasonable durability and life out of your machine. He also stated he doesn't want to overclock. So theres that too.

just a question : when do you plan on getting your rig?

asking as the gtx 980 is just around the corner.

you could use the evga step up program if you feel like upgrading in a couple of months...

Most of the parts are already here. Still waiting for SSD and 2nd GPU.
I thought about waiting for new cards. But they are usually overpriced. I made a mistake of byung a GTX 690 when it released.

the 980 performs maybe 5%better than the 780ti and will certainly cost less.

step up is still an option though ;)

So back to my question. How come Nvidia doesn't list this motherboard?

Back