• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need all votes for the BEST 120mm Fan for a Black Ice Pro RAD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have to say that my D5 is nearly silent. I can't imagine that would drown any fan noises you'd want to hear for comparison.

undervolting is a good question, anyone?

And relating to the RAD performance, anyone ever been able to find something that says the Static Pressure ratings of the scythes? err maybe the YL's too.

This is my favorite 120mm x 38mm fan, been using two of them on my radiator for several years running 24/7, I expect them to last for many more years. (They run at roughly 9-10 volts for silence) There used to be a seller here that sold hundreds of them here for $4.99, but he ran out, if you can find this fan, even for more money, it's a reliable and rugged fan, Most Sanyo Denki fans will last longer than anything else out there.

http://sanyodb.colle.co.jp/product_db_e/coolingfan/dcfan/dc_fan_detail.php?master_id=1140

1034230667.jpg

There is one fan that is the king of kings for a standard 120mm x 38mm Fans, it is the Sanyo Denki DC Long Life Fans
In 120mm x 38mm the model number is 109L1212H102 (high speed) and 109L1212M102(low speed)

long_life_fan.jpg

These two above are the best 120mm fans on the market (this is not my opinion, this is a fact) I just contacted a vendor, and I will see if I can find them in stock if you decide on one of these. I believe they have 52 in stock, I may buy them all and resell them at cost in the Classifieds if their live inventory status of 52 is correct)

voigts said:
2. If fans tax a power supply, you need to get a new PS. I think that highest I have seen are the 3 blade Deltas and they only pull like 1amp/10w ea or so at 12v. It is true that MB fan power plugs are limited, but that is seldom going to be a problem.
Re: Delta FFB1212EHE
Specifications: 120x120x38mm, -->190.00<-- CFM @ 4000 RPM, 59.0 dBA, 24.00 watts, 2.00 amps, 12v DC, 3+4 pin Molex connectors. Do not use the Sidewinder Rheostat with this fan. Also note the power requirements of the FFB1212EHE, there is a 3.00 amp startup requirement too.

Try a half dozen of these!

I use panaflo M1As Something like 80 CFM at 35dbA. They are 120x38mm fans. I run them at about half volts on my BIP3.. quieter than my stock 6600GT fan by quite a bit. They are outside of my case too, like a foot from my head.

Has anyone compared the M1A @ 7V to D12SL-12 on BIPs?

The Yate is obviously quieter, but does it maintain performance?

I'd imagine both the performance and noise at 7V are about the same. Probably a slight advantage to the M1A from higher pressure due to the thicker fan (the yate loon is 25mm, right?)

They are DEF quiet. Honestly though if I could do it again I'd get a lower speed fan, so I dont have to use a controller. A moot point for me though as I've got a BIP3 with only a CPU.. about 1C diff between the fans off and running full speed.

anyone can tell me if the Scythe S-Flex SFF21F fans undervolt (7v) with low noise? If yes, they must be way better than yate loons.

Silversinksam said:
This is my favorite 120mm x 38mm fan, been using two of them on my radiator for several years running 24/7, I expect them to last for many more years. (They run at roughly 9-10 volts for silence) There used to be a seller here that sold hundreds of them here for $4.99, but he ran out, if you can find this fan, even for more money, it's a reliable and rugged fan, Most Sanyo Denki fans will last longer than anything else out there.

http://sanyodb.colle.co.jp/product_db_e/coolingfan/dcfan/dc_fan_detail.php?master_id=1140

1034230667.jpg

I must agree. I have two of the first ones running barely two feet from my head, and they are pretty quiet. I'm running them at roughly 7-8 volts, and there is almost no motor noise at all. Just the sound of air. 6 of them externally mounted on my case running at 7-8 volts is quieter than a single 80mm TT smartfan at 10ish volts buried in a Thermaltake Armor.

goodgod said:
anyone can tell me if the Scythe S-Flex SFF21F fans undervolt (7v) with low noise? If yes, they must be way better than yate loons.

Well the 2 I have on my RAD are running full out and are very quiet. The one on the back of the case for exhaust is connected to the FAN2 header on my MB...so the BIOS is controlling it based on the PWM temp (that will probably change that when I do some overclocking) But when the BIOS says it's running at like 600-800RPM I put my ear up to it and cannot hear any sort of noise coming from it (clicking or humming or anything)

I know that's not exactly the same as undervolting...but with PWM @ ~600-800RPM it's not making any noise whatsoever.

But unless you are looking for real absolute silence, these things running at full speed are WAY quiet. Certainly acceptable in my living room right next to the TV. I can't make out any noise fromt he fan itself, only from the air whooshing through it. So like when I had it plugged in and held it in the air you can hardly hear it (to the point I'd say it's silent). And in the case the air blows against the components and makes some noise...but it is still very quiet.

Captain Slug said:
Delta WFB1212M on a fan controller. You can buy them in batches for $5 each through http://www.excesssolutions.com
They have zero motor noise and are quieter than the Sanyo-Denki San-Ace fans at any speed (even full).
How would these fans @ 7v compare to Yates @ 12v on a BIP?

I don't know how it it compares to other fans when places on a radiator, but I'm not really happy with my Panaflo FBA12G12L1A as just a casefan. It has some mechanical noise when undervolted. Maybe I got a dud? I dunno. But, my 92mm L1A's are very, very nice. Highly recommended, if you need a 92mm fan.

Back