• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need board for e4300-advice please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the multi in the cpu is the difference, kinda the same thing 8x with 6400 vs 9x for e4300. this way you dont need real high speed ram for the fsb.

Oh, what I really meant (just didn't say it clearly) was assuming you have both a board and memory capable of adequately high fsb's, is there any reason to get the 6400 over the 6300? I can't see much difference unless one tends to be able to hit a higher core speed than the other.

no not really... if you want the high fsb's then the E6300 is a good choice. really the only reason to choose between the E63/E64 is how much you can spend on the ram for high FSB's.

Ok, got it. Hey, what do you think about this? Buy the badaxe 2 board and FOUR of the 250 GB perpendicular drives. Put all 4 of them in raid 0 (I checked, the controller on that board does support 4 drives in matrix raid) using the first 15 or 20% of the drives like the guy in your link did, and raid 5 the rest of the drives. Sound plausible? I bet it would be retardedly fast, and I can afford to do it.

im not much up on raid... i would suggest asking that question in the storage section i know there are a lot of Raid guys in there. From what i know about matrix raid though i do think you can do that but not 100% sure. Badaxe2 is a solid board and right now is the best 975x board to get esp for the price. Green in the forums here posted a link to site showing that board for $175 retail.

Yep, and that's the board I plan to get. In fact, I think I'll order it right now.

Well crap, I ordered it and then got an email saying it's backordered. I tried to call them for an estimate of when they expect to get more, but a recording said that due to bad weather, their call center is down until tomorrow. Sigh.

I called micro center yesterday and asked them how long they thought it would take to get more badaxe 2's in. The guy said 5-7 business days. Do any of you guys have experience with these folks? I'm just hoping they're telling me the truth and aren't trying to keep me hanging on.

One other thing that occurred to me is that having to wait for a new batch might be a blessing in disguise, as sometimes little bios or board revision changes happen that could be helpful.

Ok, the badaxe 2 order is canceled. I'm leaning towards an asus commando board for the extensive voltage options, with a 6300 for a cpu. What do you guys think?

dont waste your money... unless your running phase/LN2 there is no need for high voltages. if your running air the max to run is 1.5v on water is about 1.6v for 24/7 use. you can get that voltage from cheaper boards.

The higher voltages I was thinking of are for other stuff, like memory and chipset. I'm trying to remember what exactly they're capable of providing higher voltages to, and memory is the only one I can think of for sure.

D9's run hot at high speed/high volts so you need a fan to cool them. then the most volts for the ram you would want to run for 24/7 is about 2.4v maybe 2.5v. i haven seen many say they were running 2.5v for 24/7 with active cooling. still not worth the money since you can buy the ab9-pro with 2.5v dimm and its only $145 at newegg.

There are a few Conroe mobos that have both AGP and PCI-E slots, but they generally suck.
They don't suck that bad till you try to run a PCI-e since its only 4x

Anyway the one in my sig(New Build) is at 2.33GHz right now on stock hs.

Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA was a great way to get to conroe and use old ram and AGP.

At $60 bucks its expendable. just FYI.

It seems they don't carry a board with both agp and pci-e slots
They don't carry one with PCI-ex16

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157092

Last edited:
Back