• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need feedback on new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArkhamTelecom

Hi all. Below are the parts that I have thought about getting for my new PC. I would really appreciate some comments and feedback before I decide to order. I live in Scandinavia, so some of the listed parts may be cheaper/pricier compared to the US, but any suggestions for parts that may reduce the overall cost are gladly accepted. I prefer Intel and Nvidia, since I have used those brands in previous builds and have never experienced any issues. Also, I am specifically looking to get a monitor with IPS.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RM 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor: Dell U2515H 60Hz 25.0" Monitor
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse

Thank you for your time.

Everything looks good to me. You can save some cash if you get a different motherboard though. The ranger is the ROG low end, but it still offers a ton of features for extreme overclocking that you will likely never use.

I would choose a ASRock Z97 Extreme 6.

Everything looks good to me. You can save some cash if you get a different motherboard though. The ranger is the ROG low end, but it still offers a ton of features for extreme overclocking that you will likely never use.

I would choose a ASRock Z97 Extreme 6.

Thanks a lot for your response. The ASUS is actually cheaper than the ASRock where I'm at.

Back