• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help ASAP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flameethrower

Out of no where my Computer Locked up. Then i hit the reset button on the case. Now it dont post or anything.

It did how ever post when i took out CMOS battery and then put it back in. I got into bios to check evrything and set it all back to default. Loaded up windows then in 5 mins of running the screens froze again.

What is causing this.

all temps are fine. NO BSOD EVER. As soon as i turn computer on monitors stay blank and i dont get the 1 post beep.

Alright I turned off computer for 20 mins and just let it sit. Turned i back on and now it loaded to my desktop. CPU temp is 25c

What is failing in this computer im stumped

Alright im on the computer thats giving me problems. Its the computer in my sig if anyone needed to know.

heres a screen shot i just took of everest on the computer. So far everything is good.

Capture-2.jpg

no not at all. this all happened right after i bumped the computer from being scared from a loud sound in house. When i jumped up i hit case and when i came back the screens were froze on desktop. Its now been up running fir 50mins and hasnt broke 26c

Having a computer shut down form physical contact is usually an HDD thing or a short. I'm not very familiar with your CPU cooler so I can't comment on what effect a physical jolt could have on it ...

I believe it was the hard drive as i had to reinstall my Network drivers as i was getting bad connections. Now that their reinstalled everything is running back to normal.

Yep, sounds like a hard drive phenomenon. How long has the drive been in use?

Yea - a running HDD doesn't take too well to physical shock.

Aside from cooling the HDD is the last vital component to become solid state - a situation which is slowly changing ... ;)

im waiting for a 500GB SSD to be less money than what my wallet can hold. Their a lil over the top right now.

How do you think a say 64gb ssd in raid 0 would perform. Im sure it be over the top as well.

I Have upgraded computer to the Q9450,P5E3 Premium x48 Mobo, and g.skill ddr3 ram

How hard of a kick are we talking about?

Does an intensely anal retentive examination with a strong flashlight and magnifying glass reveal any physical cracks, stress, loosened screws, loosened connections?

Wasnt that hard of a Hit as i barely felt it on my hip. But ive tested the drive and played cod4, the hunter,gta4 and everything's been great. No problems since. I used check disk in windows and in bios and all came back passing.

If i had to say the bump caused a loose SATA wire

im waiting for a 500GB SSD to be less money than what my wallet can hold. Their a lil over the top right now.

How do you think a say 64gb ssd in raid 0 would perform. Im sure it be over the top as well.

I Have upgraded computer to the Q9450,P5E3 Premium x48 Mobo, and g.skill ddr3 ram
If you've "upgraded" to Intel then you're in the wrong part of the world my friend ...

If you've "upgraded" to Intel then you're in the wrong part of the world my friend ...

Actually im not. The thread was about my Phenom Build. I just upgraded ot the intel after thread was posted buddy. Nice try calling me out but ur way off

I don't know what you mean by "calling you out" but lots of people post in the wrong section of the forum. Since I wasn't sure what "I Have upgraded computer to the Q9450,P5E3 Premium x48 Mobo, and g.skill ddr3 ram" had to do with your original issue, the SSD question, or socket AM2 I naturally assumed you were in the wrong place. :shrug:

Sorry if I offended you ...

Last edited:
Nice try calling me out but ur way off

That seems uncalled for. QuietICE was merely saying you have posted in the wrong part of the forum. He gives you the benefit of doubt that it was unintentional and accidental.

Anyway, just to clarify what you mean. Initially, you had a AMD build but when you changed to Intel, the problem occurred?

Back